How to attach several outputs to one output box using sequence structure..
Author Message
 How to attach several outputs to one output box using sequence structure..

I'm sending several commands to a device and those commands are going
to be repeated when part of a device move to a new position. I connect
them to several frames of the sequence structure and it works
However I could not connect several outputs from several frames to one
output box. Is there anyway to do that?

Sun, 20 Nov 2005 09:39:03 GMT
 How to attach several outputs to one output box using sequence structure..
The tunnels on a sequence structure are different than those on a
case.  On a case structure, output tunnels must be wired from each
case (or, in labview 6+, set to default).  On a sequence structure,
each output tunnel can be wired from only one sequence frame.  If you
need all outputs, you can wire each output to its own output tunnel.
Or you can use sequence locals to pass outputs from one frame to the
next frame.  Then you can combine the outputs into an array before
passing it out of the final frame or use a case and some logic to
select which output you want to pass from the final frame.
To use a sequence local, right-click on a side of the sequence frame
and select Add Sequence Local.  After you wire an output to the
sequence local, you'll see an arrow in the sequnce local pointing out.
When you advance to any subsequent frames, you'll see an arrow
pointing in, showing that the local is an input to that frame.  You
can add multiple sequnce locals to a sequence structure.

Sun, 20 Nov 2005 11:35:21 GMT
 How to attach several outputs to one output box using sequence structure..
To echo BB, it would really be better to recode you application to not
use the sequence structure. From the way you have described your
application in the past, there should be a well-defined data
dependency between the various steps in your process. Use that data
dependency to gate the execution of your code. You will find that your
code gets simpiler and easier to maintain.

There really isn't any reason to use a multi-frame sequence structure
in code.

Mike...

Mon, 21 Nov 2005 09:23:27 GMT

1. Changing an output box in a case structure to an input box

2. Outputting info from awk and using the info to name the awk output file

3. Using output of one array as an index to another

4. Searching program for sorting cvs log output of several files

5. sequence-[input|output]-stream?

6. how print output to screen and output file

7. Create polymorhpic output for I32 input (select output type)

8. rxvt + python problem: script output buffered and interactive output missing

9. HOW TO CAPTURE AN OUTPUT LINE OF A VHDL OUTPUT IN TCL

10. output of case structures

11. Using a case statement within sequence structure

12. Shared structure input/output