Looking for information about reducing the Diagram size of my program
Author Message
 Looking for information about reducing the Diagram size of my program

Hello,
Ive got a quite big program, with a lot of sub-VI, which are opening
windows. I would like now to use a "Tab Control" tool, in order to
integrate all this sub-VI in my main VI (user wont see anymore
windows opening, but he will navigate through the pages of the Tab
Control). The problem is that Ive got more and more a gigantic
Diagram (containing all variables references linked to sub-VIs).
Thats  why Im looking for methods able to solve this problem. I have
also got the fear that my program will become more slowly, thats why
Im using shift registers that allow the program to realise operations
only when a modification has been done. But It takes also a lot of
place on my diagram.
The question is : could I define on the main-VI, a selection where a
subVI-panel could appear, and that would not necessite the use of
local variables in my main VI.

I would like to thanks you for your help,
    With regards,

    Nicolas Minary

Sat, 27 Aug 2005 19:17:25 GMT
 Looking for information about reducing the Diagram size of my program
Not yet... But as the question again this summer and you might get a
different answer.Mike...

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 12:18:56 GMT
 Looking for information about reducing the Diagram size of my program
With LabVIEW 6.1 and below you cannot select a position of a front
panel to have a SubVI appear.  You can however use property nodes to
dictate weither the SubVIs front panel opens, and specify the location
where the panel opens.  It will not be contained within the main VIs
front panel.

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 02:53:35 GMT

1. Reducing a realbasic app size

2. reducing image size question.

3. Reducing the size of the .exe file

4. Reducing exe size?

5. MacMETH: reducing application size

6. Problem: Reducing/increasing SMARTDRV.EXE cache size (like Windows does it)

7. Reducing the size of Ada's EXE files

8. Reducing size of Ada's EXE files

9. Reducing Size of Files with direct_io

10. Reducing the size of a Hash table....

11. Reducing stack size for tcl8.0.5

12. Reducing the size of a listbox