Serial port, flushes after write
Author Message
 Serial port, flushes after write

Hello All
After I send a byte to serial port via VISA, the flush operation is
performed. I have traced the commands and I have found out that it is
done inside "VISA write" which of course I can not edit.
I imagine, that there is some option I need to set to avoid flushing
every time I send simething, but could you tell me where?
thanks in advance
Pawel

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:35:01 GMT
 Serial port, flushes after write
Hi,
I'm not sure that I've got your problem correctly but in the palette
"Functions->Instrument I/O->VISA->VISA Advanced->Interface Specific"
you can find 2 functions:
"VISA Set I/O Buffer Size" and
"VISA Flush I/O Buffer"
which can set and flush both input and output buffers of your
instrument.

Good luck.

Oleg Chutko.

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:00:16 GMT
 Serial port, flushes after write
Thank you Oleg

Pawel

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:42:33 GMT
 Serial port, flushes after write
Thanks also from me.  This is exactly the information I needed.

Sat, 16 Apr 2005 04:06:51 GMT

1. How do I flush the serial port buffer?

2. writing in binary to a serial port

3. Serial Port Writing with CDD 3 DOS

4. How do I read/write serial port?

5. Writing bytes out of Serial Port

6. During serial port communication (writing/transmission) is...

7. Serial Port Write

8. Serial Port Write Problem

9. writing/reading from serial port

10. Reading and writing individual bits on the serial port

11. Reading/writing to serial port w/ VISA in Labview

12. Serial PORT WRITE