IMAQ for real time app?
Author Message
 IMAQ for real time app?

Quote:
>     We use Imaq but it is very slow. The best way to go would be to use c code
> and CIN
> for the image acquisition and processing. If your image size is small, say 64X64
> pixels, you may get real time IMAQ and some processing, however LV is good for
> control loops of about 50Hz, with IMAQ,  you might be limited by only a few HZ.
> With an interlaced camera, you can use even and odd fields seperatly, this way
> you will have 60Hz sampling. This might give you 30 Hz theoretical limit by
> Niquest theorem.

I'm not an expert here, but I wouldn't call 50Hz video control loops
"very" slow.
Much of this has to do with the camera and the Image Acquisition, and of course
the amount of the image being processed.  This much is true no matter
how the
SW is written.

There are people at NI that are using IMAQ to balance a pendulum with
the only
input coming from a camera.  They were able to get their control loop running
at 140Hz.  Their next project is a double pendulum, but they are just getting
started.

Using C code and CINs is pretty much equivalent to using the IMAQ Vision SW.
It is written as CINs or DLLs.  If you are using LV arrays to reimplement
these same functions, then you will have problems getting them as fast.

Greg McKaskle

Mon, 01 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Time to REAL & REAL to time

2. Everyday Oberon + real-time apps.

3. ANNOUNCE: GroupKit 3.2 (real-time groupware toolkit + apps)

4. TCL for real-time control app?

5. Lisp in real-time apps?

6. IMAQ VISION toolkit without IMAQ hardware

7. real time dispaly of time.

8. Help!: problem with fast timing for real-time application on PC

9. Help!: problem with fast timing for real-time application on PC

10. DOS compressed date/time into real date/time

11. real time, time series display

12. Real Estate App