Why do I get Load Error code 8 from Labview
Author Message
 Why do I get Load Error code 8 from Labview

I am supporting an older version of labview since we have not decided
to update our factory installations yet.  I also have inhereted this
software from another engineer.  I cannot open the source code using
LabView 5.1 (I get Load Error Code 8) I was able to open it in 6i and
save with options to 5.0 however I still get the same error code 8
when I subsequently re-load with 5.1

Sun, 22 May 2005 01:33:54 GMT
 Why do I get Load Error code 8 from Labview
Error 8 when loading VIs indicates that the VIs were saved in a newer
version of LabVIEW than the one you are using.

If you load a VI that was created in an earlier version, LabVIEW
recompiles that VI to the newer version. Before you close that VI,
LabVIEW prompts you to save it. If you do not save the VI, you still
can load it in the earlier version of LabVIEW. Consider making a
permanent backup of VIs that have been saved in earlier versions of
LabVIEW before loading them in a newer version. If you save the VI
after it has been recompiled to the newer LabVIEW version, you cannot
load the VI in earlier versions of LabVIEW. If you try to do so, you
might receive the following error:

LabVIEW load error code 8: Could not load VI resource.

Zvezdana S.
National Instruments

Mon, 23 May 2005 02:27:30 GMT

1. labview load error code 21

2. HttpDist - getting errors, What I'm doing wrong

3. Calling Matlab from Labview returns a 1047 error - what am I doing wrong

4. LabView 6.0 Evaluation version load error (20)

5. Why am I getting bind errors?

6. ERROR 48 - Why am I getting it?

7. why am i getting processor stack fault error?

8. Why does LabVIEW report a error when printing?

9. why the auto load function don't work when I load a new library

10. return -code error blurb behaves wrong in auto loaded file

11. Getting error code from UNIX command

12. The Smalltalk Store: Why we've been slow, and why we're getting better