Using search tool on function or control pallette causes Labview to close
Author Message
 Using search tool on function or control pallette causes Labview to close

With either the control or function pallette, when I choose the search
tool (magnifying glass icon), I get an hourglass for about 20 seconds,
then any open labview windows closes.  Labview closes completely, I
don't even get back to the startup dialog.

I know this has worked before.  Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

Using Labview 6.1 & WinXP Home SP1
~Tim

Tue, 20 Dec 2005 04:45:34 GMT
 Using search tool on function or control pallette causes Labview to close
I have not heard of this happening before.  Mine sometimes takes a few
seconds to get up and running but not that long, and it never crashes.
You might just want to reinstall LabVIEW.  That should fix the problem
and will probably be quicker in the long run than trying to hunt down
the cause.

Sat, 24 Dec 2005 00:10:38 GMT

1. LabView 4.1 Tool pallette is gone!

2. Receive an error when closing my program built using LabVIEW application builder

3. Why won't VB ActiveX exe shutdown after using Automation close in Labview

4. Control C to close Kermit using Expect

5. LABVIEW caused invalid page fault in LabVIEW.exe at 0177:007add6b

6. Labview 6.0.2 runtime error causing Labview crash

7. illegal operation: error message is labview caused page fault in labview.exe at 015f:008ad23a

8. Problem with close function in routine using pipe

9. Close LabView App after exit without Quiting Labview !

10. LabVIEW EPP control using Windows 2000

11. Using LabVIEW 5.01 to control HP E1411B DMM

12. controlling using NI 4350 & LabView