Retrieve the selected text from an ENUM, text ring or other control
Author Message
 Retrieve the selected text from an ENUM, text ring or other control

Hi and thanks for reading.

I want to be able to select a line of text from a menu, and place that text
in a string variable.  This seems simple but I haven't found the solution.
I don't want to have to wire a numeric output to a case statement, thus
having to type the text line twice

Stan

Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:33:50 GMT
 Retrieve the selected text from an ENUM, text ring or other control

Quote:
> Hi and thanks for reading.

> I want to be able to select a line of text from a menu, and place that
text
> in a string variable.  This seems simple but I haven't found the solution.
> I don't want to have to wire a numeric output to a case statement, thus
> having to type the text line twice

> Stan

Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:49:57 GMT
 Retrieve the selected text from an ENUM, text ring or other control
First create a property node of the enum,text ring, etc. Select the
"Strings[] property. Use this as the Input Array input of an Index
Array function. Wire the control to the Index input of the Index
Array. The ouput of Index Array will be the text of the control.

Mon, 11 Oct 2004 22:20:39 GMT
 Retrieve the selected text from an ENUM, text ring or other control
Apart from the String[] property already suggested, for an enum you
have the additional option to read the control and feed it to a
"Format into String" node with %s format.

Mon, 11 Oct 2004 22:35:02 GMT

1. How do I retrieve the selected text from an ENUM, text ring or other control?

2. Problem with disabling/enabling Text ring control with executable

3. Retrieving Text from a Text Widget

4. Help with Ring and Enum Controls...

5. Selecting text in Tkinter.Text

6. text widget: select color on text with background

7. Selecting text in disabled text widget?

8. text tag configure, can't see selected text

9. problem selecting text in a text widget

10. BUG: Cannot select text in read-only text widget / tk8.0p2-Win95

11. selecting text in a text widget

12. Selecting text with text widget disabled?