How do I prompt a user to enter in a string name and set it so it can be used as an input for a DLL
Author Message
 How do I prompt a user to enter in a string name and set it so it can be used as an input for a DLL

I was having problems entering in a string name and setting it. Any
suggestions.

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:57:37 GMT
 How do I prompt a user to enter in a string name and set it so it can be used as an input for a DLL
Entering the string is easy. Just use a string control.
To setup the Call Library Function, right click on it and select
Configure. Type in the path to the DLL (or use the Browse function)
and then use the Function Name dropdown box to select the function
within the DLL. From here, you have to setup the parameters. The
return type parameter should already be selected in the Parameter drop
down box, so click on the Type drop down box and select the type of
parameter that the selected function will return. From there, click on
the Add Parameter After button to add an input parameter and then
select the type of parameter. Continue doing this for all of the input
parameters to the DLL. For strings you'll see a new drop down box
appear for String Format. Choose the format that the DLL expects.
You need to know what the DLL is looking for. Have fun with it.

     Rob

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 23:08:15 GMT
 How do I prompt a user to enter in a string name and set it so it can be used as an input for a DLL
You might want to check if you have Update Value while Typing checked
or whether a carriage return is being sent to the .dll. Without seeing
either the VI or .dll it's hard to say especially since you don't
mention exactly what kind of problem you're having.

Wed, 13 Oct 2004 02:54:36 GMT

1. entering strings and file names HELP

2. Entering variable info at command prompt

4. Using a string to determine a field name

5. Using variable names as strings

6. What am I doing wrong!

7. What am I doing wrong?

8. Stupid newb question: What am I doing wrong?

9. What am I doing Wrong

10. what am i doing wrong

11. Help - What am I doing wrong

12. Saving a Variable to a field in a record- what am i doing wrong