How do I make one listbox's choices be dependent on another listbox selection?
Author Message
 How do I make one listbox's choices be dependent on another listbox selection?

I want one listbox that allows user to choose 1 of 3 units. Depending
on which unit is selected, a 2nd listbox will display/provide user
inputs for tests that are valid for that type unit selected. I am
totally new to labview and am struggling greatly. Any help
appreciated!

Sat, 08 Nov 2003 02:18:44 GMT
 How do I make one listbox's choices be dependent on another listbox selection?
Paul,

wire the numerical value of the first listbox to a case statement.
Inside the case you can build an array of strings that correspond to
the values you want to display in the 2nd list box.  then create a
property node for the 2nd list box and select the 'item names'
property - this is an array of strings which will be the names that
appear in the listbox.  wire the array from the listbox to this
property.  hope this helps.

pat

Sat, 08 Nov 2003 02:58:10 GMT
 How do I make one listbox's choices be dependent on another listbox selection?
It'll work a lot better if the property node is set to write instead
of read. Right click the property node to change it.

Sat, 08 Nov 2003 04:35:14 GMT

1. Making Tk listboxes behave like MS-Windows listboxes

2. How to show the selectio in two listbox!

3. More than one listbox on one file in same window

4. Listbox background paint and *my* listbox bug

5. Tk Listbox bindings (was: Tk Listbox Question)

6. listbox-rtb (listbox recolor) for TK4.0

7. What column of ListBox am I clicking in?

8. Listbox on reports makes all other fields BLACK!

9. Making 2 listboxes move in synch ? VX-REXX

10. making a listbox wider

11. Selecting More Than One Line In a Listbox

12. two listbox updates on one browse