how do I create an executable for a computer that does not have IVI drivers
Author Message
 how do I create an executable for a computer that does not have IVI drivers

I'm creating an executable driver (based on the NI drivers) for a TDS
3054 intended for a computer that does not have the IVI engine.  I
would prefer to install as little software on this computer as
possible.  Is it possible for me to build the driver with the
appropriate support DLL's without installing IVI on the user's
computer?  How do I do this?

Thank you,
Zach Oberman

Sat, 27 Nov 2004 05:40:21 GMT
 how do I create an executable for a computer that does not have IVI drivers
You have to install the IVI engine. The smallest installation you
could get would be use traditional GPIB commands and install just the
GPIB driver. For IVI, you'll need the engine, the instrument drivers,
VISA, and the GPIB driver.

Sat, 27 Nov 2004 21:56:22 GMT
 how do I create an executable for a computer that does not have IVI drivers
Zach,

Since the tkds30xx driver you are using is IVI based, you will not be
able to use it without the IVI Engine.

If you must build an executable that does not require the IVI Engine,
then you will need to use a traditional labview driver or convert a
VXIpnp driver into LabVIEW.  Neither of those drivers would require
the IVI Engine.

At this time the only TDS 3054 driver on NI's <a
href="http://www.ni.com/idnet/">IDNet website</a> is the IVI-based
tkds30xx driver.

You may be able to obtain a traditional LabVIEW driver from
<li><a href="http://www.ni.com/devzone/dev_exchange/">Developer
Exchange</a></li>
<li><a
href="http://zone.ni.com/idnet97.nsf/instrumentdriverrequest/">Requesting
a driver</a></li>
<li><a href="http://www.ni.com/devzone/idnet/other.htm">Other
Thanks,
--Bankim

Sat, 27 Nov 2004 22:06:35 GMT

1. Doing assembly and really doing assembly

2. Doing assembly and really doing assembly

3. Re Having trouble doing int 21/2521h

4. Keithley 2700 IVI driver will not Run on Windows 2000 PC

5. Python and Computer Algebra Systems --- is it done?

6. Dynamic File Create - IT CAN BE DONE!

7. Dynamic File Create - IT CAN BE DONE!

8. Doing a Clipper-installer, create GRP and INI

9. my EXE doing not well

10. Why Forth is not doing so well

11. Not doing things

12. I'm not doing a good job