sound card application
Author Message
 sound card application

I am programming an audio application in labview 6i.
I need to record and play simultaneously using
line in and line out. Is there a way to do it using LabVIEW VIs or
I'll have to write new sound card procedures in C?
I found exactly the same question in one of the NI Discussion forums
two years ago and there was no real answer for that. I hope that
during these two years there was some improvement in working with
sound card in LabVIEW.
Sincerely, Mike.

Wed, 27 Oct 2004 05:50:47 GMT
 sound card application
Mike,

This may be a limitation of the sound card.  I have never tried this,
so I can't offer any advice on trying to record and play at the same
time.

What I would suggest, instead of spending all that time trying to
write C code to do what you need, is to spend a bit of money and
either get a second sound card, or better yet, a DSP card.  NI has
some really good quality cards, and some are fairly inexpensive ones
at that.  The added benefit is that you get a lot more resolution.

Good luck, I hope that helps.

Wed, 27 Oct 2004 23:49:47 GMT

1. clipper dos sound to windows sound card

2. Sound through the sound card for MSWLogo?

3. snack sound and multiple sound cards

4. How do you use your sound card and sound VI to get sound levels off a microphone.

5. Sound Cards!

6. Need tutorials on sound card programming

7. Test PC card sound

8. Clipper Audio Via Sound Cards

9. TONE() output to sound card

10. NEC MediaHarmony Sound Card