loop-pages/shift/ghost images ?
Author Message
 loop-pages/shift/ghost images ?
Hello,

I am new to labview and please forgive me if these are too simple.

I have been unable to wire into a shift register.
I have been getting the warning:

        Cannot wire to a float object.
        move the object to where it belongs.

I cannot make sense of this.

So I kept trying to run the VI, and was given warnings.
Apparently, there were outlines of varios VI's or operators in the loop.

BUT I COULD NOT SEE THEM!!!
Where do these ghost image outlines come from?

And as important... I have noticed that in a loop there are what appear
be several pages.  In the bottom right of a for-loop, the first page is
turned up?  What is the purpose of this.

And could the ghost icons be on those invisible pages.
And could this be why I cannot wire into the shift register?

Thanks everyone!

James

Wed, 29 Oct 2003 00:23:22 GMT
 loop-pages/shift/ghost images ?

Quote:
>         Cannot wire to a float object.
>         move the object to where it belongs.

An object floats when it is not contained by the object that it is over.
LV draws a shadow below and to the right of the objects that are floating.
To drop the object into the loop, grab it and move it to where the mouse
is not over the object, but is inside the loop.  There is also a hilite
on the loop border when the loop adopts the object.

Quote:
> And as important... I have noticed that in a loop there are what appear
> be several pages.  In the bottom right of a for-loop, the first page is
> turned up?  What is the purpose of this.

> And could the ghost icons be on those invisible pages.
> And could this be why I cannot wire into the shift register?

This is just a graphic.  A for loop only has one page.  There is nothing
on the other pages.  I can see how it could cause confusion though.

Greg McKaskle

Wed, 29 Oct 2003 12:52:48 GMT

1. Help !!! Repost image has ghost and distortion

2. Creating thumbnails from multi-page tiff page images

3. while loops and shift registers

4. adding a shift register to a while loop

5. Break out of a While Loop then jump back in (to re-initialize a shift register)

6. Problem with initialization of a shift register on while loop

7. Shift register initialization and while loop

8. Urgent problem about while loop and shift register

9. C4b ABC - Report shifts half a page to the right

10. Hove to shift page numbers from left to right side depending on even uneven pagenumber

11. Stop image shift on tkinter button press?

12. Best possible way to loop thru static pages