Setting up an internal clock to take data acquisition at one minute intervals
Author Message
 Setting up an internal clock to take data acquisition at one minute intervals

You can do this a couple of ways.

One is to set your scan rate to 1/60th Hz (once a minute).  This can
be done by one of two ways:  Set the scan rate to 0.16667, or use the
"Alternate Clock Config" cluster (in AI Start, AI Clock Config) by
setting the clock period or interval appropriately (I have never done
either of these, so try them and see what works best).  Given the code
you currently have, if you can figure out how to make this work, this
will be your easiest option.

The second method is to modifiy your code.  You will need to start a
continuous acquisition of one point at a time (per channel).  Then,
read only one datapoint (per channel) from the buffer every minute.

I have a strip chart program around somewhere that I did something
similar to this, except I read a second worth of data at 1000Hz to
give me a cleaner signal (by averaging to remove noise.)  If you can't
get the first option working, and also have trouble with this second
option, email me and I will try to dig up that code.  I can't post it
here.

Tue, 24 Aug 2004 03:17:04 GMT

1. Setting up an internal clock to take data acquisition at one minute intervals

2. System clock slows during data acquisition

3. 12TET Musical 3-Interval-String/6-Interval Cell/Set Non-Redundancy Permutation Ordering Problem:

4. Takes one to know one

5. Acquisition delay every minute

6. change TOD clock with set and store clock

7. printing internal values of intervals

8. GAWK: setting --re-interval from within the program

9. USPS/UPS/etc shipping rate raw data...

10. Using file data transparently as internal data?

11. read data continuously, record at different interval

12. Vertical setting during continuous acquisition with NI5112