Make executable file from VI file
Author Message
 Make executable file from VI file

Hello!

I would like to know how to generate the executable file (For example:
instruments.exe) form original vi labview file format. Is it possible
to run the VI without Labview or Labview Viewer on any 32 bit Windows
system? (95/98/NT/2000).
Thank you for your help.

Yours sincerely
Vik

Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:12:05 GMT
 Make executable file from VI file
What you need is the "Application Builder" (see
http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/nioc.vp?cid=10730&lang=US for more info)

From the ni.com website:

"LabVIEW Application Builder [gives you]
* Ability to create stand-alone executables
* Protected applications
* Easy-to-use Distribution Kit Builder
* Included as part of the LabVIEW Professional Development System

The LabVIEW Application Builder is an add-on package for creating
stand-alone applications. When used with the Application Builder, a
LabVIEW system can create VIs that operate as stand-alone
applications. You can run the executable, but cannot edit it."

So, if you have the LabVEIW Professional Development System, then it's
alreay built in (you can find it under "Tools">"Build Applciation or
Shared Library (DLL)".  If you don't have the professional development
system, then the App. Builder can be purchased separately.

Once the exe has been built with the App. Builder, the target machine
needs to have the Run-Time Engine installed as well...

cheers,
Christopher

Christopher G. Relf
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Int'l Voicemail & Fax: +61 2 8080 8132
Aust Voicemail & Fax: (02) 8080 8132
---
EULA
1) This is a private email, and although the views expressed within it
may not be purely my own, unless specifically referenced I do not
suggest they are necessarily associated with anyone else including,
but not limited to, my employer(s).
2) This email has NOT been scanned for virii - attached file(s), if
any, are provided as is.  By copying, detaching and/or opening
attached files, you agree to indemnify the sender of such
responsibility.
3) Because e-mail can be altered electronically, the integrity of this
communication cannot be guaranteed.

Mon, 21 Feb 2005 18:14:42 GMT

1. Making executable file with Clipper S87

2. File Properties of a executable made with TclPro prowrap

3. Making TCL an Executable file

4. making the data file visible as the vi runs and writes to it

5. Can lisp file be complied into executable file?

6. Making file path control only select directory paths not file names

7. File Vi's and modifying file Attributes, listing by, etc

8. Save Report to File.vi closing file problems

9. How do I replace a file using Write Characters to file.vi

10. Max length of VI file paths and file names

11. Unlock VI, File>>VI Properties dosn't work

12. Using VI Server to pass data between a Labview Executable and a VI