How do you get two VI's to start and run simultaneously?
Author Message
 How do you get two VI's to start and run simultaneously?

I have two VI's that I need to start and run at the same time.  I want
one to run for a specified length of time while the other does a
variable number of iterations.  Right now, both VI's complete one
iteration before the one VI repeats, but I'd like to have that one
repeating while the other runs continuously.  Is this possible?

Sat, 20 Aug 2005 07:11:36 GMT
 How do you get two VI's to start and run simultaneously?
In general, yes...However, problems can arise if the two VIs use a lot
of the same subvis. Unless it is configured to be reentrant, a VI can
only be executing in one place at a time. Hence, the one could be
waiting for a subvi in the other routine to become available.Mike...

Sat, 20 Aug 2005 12:06:08 GMT
 How do you get two VI's to start and run simultaneously?
I don't think there should be any conflicts with the two VIs trying to
run the same subVIs.  In that case, how do I go about getting the two
VIs to run at the same time?

Sat, 20 Aug 2005 13:32:16 GMT
 How do you get two VI's to start and run simultaneously?
Open a reference to each of the VIs. This loads the VI into memory.
Then use this reference for a invoke node and set it to "Run VI". Be
sure to connect a FALSE to "Wait until done". This will start your VI
as you would do it with CTRL-R or the run button. After your work
close the reference to the VI. This will unload the VI from memory.
Waldemar

Sat, 20 Aug 2005 15:19:26 GMT
 How do you get two VI's to start and run simultaneously?
How do you open a reference to each of the VIs?

Tue, 23 Aug 2005 00:38:41 GMT
 How do you get two VI's to start and run simultaneously?
In the "Application control" palette is a function named "Open VI
Reference". You must connect a wire of type path to the function
because you will load the VI from the file system. A string only works
if the VI is already loaded.
Waldemar

Tue, 23 Aug 2005 15:56:05 GMT
 How do you get two VI's to start and run simultaneously?
There are also several examples shipping with LV that demonstrate the
process.

Mike...

Tue, 23 Aug 2005 22:04:26 GMT

1. How to run two vi's simultaneously?

2. Weird problem running two RB apps simultaneously in Win32

3. Two canvas scrolled simultaneously by the same scrollbar (an UNIQUE scrollbar and TWO or more canvas)

4. problem with tktds7x4 getting started vi

5. Getting Error 6 when running VI

6. what is error -1 , and why can't I run any daq vi's

7. VI that gets bigger every time it runs

8. doing data acquisition and freq measurement simultaneously

9. Getting a program to inform you when it's done

10. HttpDist - getting errors, What I'm doing wrong

11. convert's labview 6.1 vi's to labview 5.1 vi's

12. The created start button in my Vi doesn't react to a command