C++ and Code Interface
Author Message
 C++ and Code Interface

Does anyone know if its possible to build CINs using the Visual C++ IDE from
C++ source (as opposed to just C)?

Any experience in this matter would be appreciated.

regards,

Jim Pryle.

Sun, 08 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 C++ and Code Interface

Quote:

>Does anyone know if its possible to build CINs using the Visual C++ IDE
from
>C++ source (as opposed to just C)?

Yes and No,

I use the Visual C++ IDE for code development but have to use the nmake
program to successfully compile and link CIN's.  I have not been able to get
the custom build setting in Visual C++ to compile labview CIN's from inside
the IDE.  Version 5.0.X or Versions 4.0 / 4.1 of LabVIEW.  There are some
App notes on NI's website on how this is "supposed" to work.

Good Luck
Chris

Quote:

>Any experience in this matter would be appreciated.

>regards,

>Jim Pryle.

Sun, 08 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 C++ and Code Interface
Hi,

the method for custom build described in NI's CIN-Ref. Manual (Jan.
1996) works fine with VC++4.0 and Labview 5.0.
Obviously it needs a file cin.obj to work, which is not included in
LV 4.x, so the lvsbutil is needed here.

Regards
Stefan 8-)

--
||   Stefan Tauche   Siemens Semiconductor Group, Muenchen

\\=========(remove NoSpam from address to reply)===========

Mon, 09 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 C++ and Code Interface

B & C Duffey schrieb:

Quote:

> >Does anyone know if its possible to build CINs using the Visual C++ IDE
> from
> >C++ source (as opposed to just C)?

> Yes and No,

> I use the Visual C++ IDE for code development but have to use the nmake
> program to successfully compile and link CIN's.  I have not been able to get
> the custom build setting in Visual C++ to compile labVIEW CIN's from inside
> the IDE.  Version 5.0.X or Versions 4.0 / 4.1 of LabVIEW.  There are some
> App notes on NI's website on how this is "supposed" to work.

> Good Luck
> Chris

> >Any experience in this matter would be appreciated.

> >regards,

> >Jim Pryle.

Some time ago I tested Visual C++ and it's IDE for making CINs for LV 4.x.
Everything could be done from the IDE, provided the correct settings (which I
have to look up again) were used. I will try to repeat this with LV 5.x when I
find some time...
It might take a few days, however, before I can post anything here.  In the
meantime you can try to search the info-labview mailing list with the search
engine
http://vaneg1.ecs.umass.edu/Socratis/LabVIEW/index.htm
I think the issue has been discussed there

Good luck!

--
Dr. Franz Josef Ahlers
Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt

Mon, 09 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. WANTED: source code analyzer (to interface with C++)

2. interfaces to some existing C/C++ code?

3. Interface with C++ code

4. X interface in Quintus prolog or C(C++) interface in Quintus prolog

5. Ada/C++ Interfacing With C++ Exceptions

6. C++ idea in assembly or how C++ code becomes an exe

7. C++ idea in assembly or how C++ code becomes an exe

8. How to identify the code used by a code interface node

9. Interfacing Fortran90/95 code with Fortran77 code

10. assume cs:code,ds:code

11. Linking asm code to C++ code

12. Mixing Lisp code and C/C++ code