A VI opens when executing, even if I don't want to
Author Message
 A VI opens when executing, even if I don't want to

[LabViaw 6.0.2]
Hello everybody,

I've got a problem with labview:
    When I build a VI dedicated to be a interface Window, I configure it to
open when executing, in the VI properties.
But sometimes I change my mind, and I don't want the front-face to open any
more. So I try to change the configuration, but it never works : it keeps
opening at execution.
What should I do? Is it a bug? The only solution i found is to copy the
diagram in a new VI, and save this last one over the first one.

Thanks in advance,
Pierre Chatelier

Wed, 08 Dec 2004 00:00:11 GMT
 A VI opens when executing, even if I don't want to
hi
I tried duplicate your problem in LV 6i, and I do not see this
problem.

Have you tried swithing between Dialog/ Default for VI's Window
Appearance property?

regards
ian.f

Wed, 08 Dec 2004 00:58:55 GMT
 A VI opens when executing, even if I don't want to
Hi

Quote:

> I tried duplicate your problem in LV 6i, and I do not see this
> problem.

Is this good news ? ...depends upon point of view! ;-)

Quote:
> Have you tried swithing between Dialog/ Default for VI's Window
> Appearance property?

Oh, yes, I did! Since it did not work, I eventually chosed to the custom
appearance, and uncheked the boxes like "Window with title" that seemed
linked to the window's rising. (sorry if this label does not match, but
I use a french version, so I must try to translate...)

Pierre

Wed, 08 Dec 2004 04:29:20 GMT
 A VI opens when executing, even if I don't want to
Actually, under the Window Appearance properties you have to make sure
are not selected:

Show Front Panel When Called
Show Front Panel When Loaded

Make sure both of them are not selected and your problem will go
away...

Mike...

Wed, 08 Dec 2004 21:59:24 GMT
 A VI opens when executing, even if I don't want to

Quote:
> Show Front Panel When Called
> Show Front Panel When Loaded

> Make sure both of them are not selected and your problem will go
> away...

I surely did! It's one of the first thing I tried, but it does not work.

Regards,

Pierre Chatelier

Fri, 10 Dec 2004 02:51:17 GMT
 A VI opens when executing, even if I don't want to
Pierre,

There are two ways to do what you are trying to do. The first is the
Window Appearance setting in VI Properties. The second is if you
right-click on the subVI itself, you will see an option for SubVI Node
Setup. Make sure that the VI is not being shown from these options as
well (Open Front Panel Wehn Loaded, When Called, Close If Originally
Closed, and so forth). The difference between these methods as that
the VI Property settings are for every instance of that VI. The SubVI
Node Setup is for just that one instance.

Randy Hoskin
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/ask

Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:08:52 GMT

1. ODBC - Don't even think about it!

2. Tkinter Context Menus select their first item even if you don't want them to

3. expect_after executes for spawn id 1 even if the corresponding expect executes for spawn id 2

4. i do not want to halt main vi while executing sub vi

5. convert's labview 6.1 vi's to labview 5.1 vi's

6. DON'T OPEN THAT LAST EMAIL!!!!

7. Don't open.

8. I can't open 6.0 VI in 6.1

9. please help i have a vi that i can't open with labview

10. opening and closing sub vi's

11. My vi file won't open

12. why do my 6.1 vi's open labview 6i