Bit Twiddling??
Author Message
 Bit Twiddling??

Gentlepersons,
I just can't seem to find any functions in labview to do bit-mask
operations. Do I have to roll my own?  I noticed there are HiQ functions
bitAND, bitOR, and bitShift, but I don't want to have to install HiQ just
for these.  Thanks in advance for your most helpful advice!
Vic

Sun, 25 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Bit Twiddling??
You can connect numbers to the normal Boolean functions (And, Or, Not,
etc) in LabVIEW. They will then do their operations on a bit-by-bit basis.

Kyle Gupton
National Instruments

Sun, 25 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Bit Twiddling??
You can also check the Advanced->Data Manipulation palette.  There are
additional functions there for rotating and shifting bits, swapping
bytes & words, etc.

Quote:

> You can connect numbers to the normal Boolean functions (And, Or,
Not,
> etc) in LabVIEW. They will then do their operations on a bit-by-bit
basis.

> Kyle Gupton
> National Instruments

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 31 May 2003 22:39:47 GMT

1. Bit twiddling on Parallel port

2. UUDECODE - Bit-twiddling in Arexx

3. SIMD-like bit-twiddling on odd-sized quantities

4. New Mathematical bit-twiddle - stage on of a isPerfectSquare()

5. Crazy bit-twiddle algorithms needed!

6. Bit twiddling functions

7. Bit twiddling functions

8. Byte/Bit Twiddling in Ada