Adding Indicators & Controls from the diagram - why do they get placed off the current screen?
Author Message
 Adding Indicators & Controls from the diagram - why do they get placed off the current screen?

When I place a button, indicator, etc. from the diagram, it gets
placed on the front panel nowhere near the existing stuff. What am I
missing?

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 06:47:55 GMT
 Adding Indicators & Controls from the diagram - why do they get placed off the current screen?
,

I don't know the exact algorithms used when labview places a control
or indicator on the front panel, but I can tell you what I have
observed so far:

It seems that the new controls and indicators are always placed below
all other controls and indicators.  There may be additional rules, but
this seems to be the most common occurrence I have seen.

If you want more control over where your controls and indicators are
placed, then you should created them manually from the palette before
you begin your diagram.  This is good practice, but not always
possible.

I hope that helps.  Good luck.

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 07:32:41 GMT

1. place control in edit in place

2. Multiple Copies of Indicators in Diagram

3. How do I round off numbers on displayed indicators

4. Edit-In-Place Like It's Done in the Dictionary Manager

5. Why does a digital indicator formatted for time & date add 16 hours to the input?

6. ok, so how do I return a sorted list without doing it in place

7. The Smalltalk Store: Why we've been slow, and why we're getting better

8. Control and indicator at same time...how?

9. Control/Indicator

10. Print only a specific control or indicator on a front panel to HTML document

11. blinking hangs in all controls/indicators sometimes

12. Odd behavior when showing and hiding grouped controls and indicators