Updating instalation/uninstalling LabView 6.0.2 on Windows 98
Author Message
 Updating instalation/uninstalling LabView 6.0.2 on Windows 98

I have installed labview 6.0 then the service pack for 6.0.2 and it
works properly. Now I want to install aditional components but I can't
start the installation program! The following dialog pops ut instead:

Windows Installer

      Det uppstod ett fel d? transformationer anv?ndes.
      Bekr?fta att den angivna transformationss?kv?gen ?r
      giltig.

                       OK

Translated into English:
An error occured when transformations were used. Confirme that the
transformation path is correct.

I have this problem on several computers and a colleague also has it.
More over, I can not uninstal LabView 6.0.2! How do I get out from
this trap?

Regards AI

Sun, 22 May 2005 23:17:44 GMT
 Updating instalation/uninstalling LabView 6.0.2 on Windows 98
Al,

Thanks for the translation - not too sure my knowledge of Swedish (?)
would have been good enough to work this out myself!!!

The problem you are having is a reasonably well know issue with the
LabVIEW 6.0.2 installer.  The answer involves deleting a key in the
Windows registry - see the following NI KnowledgeBase article for more
details:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde4322fef19862567740067f3cc/9f5...

Jeremy

Sun, 22 May 2005 23:50:13 GMT

1. A custom built DLL crashes labview 5.1 in windows 2000 but worked fine in windows 98

2. 814078: Security Update (Microsoft Jscript version 5.1, Windows 98 and Windows N

3. LabVIEW 6.1 crash on Windows 98 while performing data acquisition

4. address / irq of serial ports (labview 4.0 / windows 98)

5. Problems with ADODB + LabView 5.1.1 + Windows 98

6. Labview though windows 98 and ISA port: Speed trouble

7. WARNING - Windows 98 Second Edition Updates - WARNING

8. uninstalling LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 6.1

9. Moving from Windows 98 to Windows 2000

10. Clarion 5 app, windows 98 and windows XP

11. Windows 98 DDK & Windows in assembly

12. Help of Fortran 77 in Windows 98 and Windows 2000 or XP.