network DDE communication
Author Message
 network DDE communication

[W] network DDE examples ?

I am trying to set up an network DDE communication between 2 computers
both
running labview (5.01) on windows'95 and windows'98 with an
ethernet-coax cable connecting them both .
One computer measures low-frequent (1 Hz) temp. data (server) , sends it
to the other (client) where it is displayed . Missing some of the
measurement data  is no problem .
The National Instruments reference is confusing on how to set this up
the communication .
What has to be the DDE service,topic and item on both the server and the
client -station .
National Instruments further states that a program called netDDE.exe has
to be run on the client
station (?) . Does  the system.ini have to be changed , to add a new
line containing a section
[DDEshares] or do I have to add a key with several entrees in the
registry-file concerning DDEshares , or maybe both ?
Can someone give me an example (client & server VI's and on how to
achieve the communication ?

Thanks in advance ,

Oce-Technologies
Netherlands

Mon, 28 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 network DDE communication
Rene,

Don't use DDE !! use TCP/IP its extremely easy to do and the included
examples explain the technique.  I have used this method to serve data to up
to 10 PC's at rates much higher than 1 HZ and NO missed data.  Trust me,
managing a couple of IP addresses is much easier than all that DDE stuff.

Chris

Quote:

>[W] network DDE examples ?

>I am trying to set up an network DDE communication between 2 computers
>both
>running labview (5.01) on windows'95 and windows'98 with an
>ethernet-coax cable connecting them both .

Tue, 29 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. DDE DDE DDE DDE DDE ( once more, help needed )

2. APL communications via TCP/IP or DDE

3. Need help in DDE communications with Excel

4. Need help in DDE communication with Excel

5. NT Prolog and DDE communication

6. Q: DDE communication in ACL4W

7. Network DDE anyone?

8. DDE through network

9. APL2 Network Communication

10. Network communication

11. Linux Port IO and Network Communications?

12. Applications communication without network adapter