Create a SubVI from a text file
Author Message
 Create a SubVI from a text file

What do you want to do exactly?

Do you really need a thousand of different subVIs for a thousand of
signal lists?

This is possible but if you explain better, we can surely find more
convenient ways to address your needs.

Wed, 13 Oct 2004 07:24:02 GMT
 Create a SubVI from a text file
Nitrof,

I agree with Jean-Pierre, we need more information. However, here is
what I can tell you from what I understand so far. You have a list of
doubles in a text file. You want to read those doubles into an array.
You wish to use four doubles at a time in a cluster to run your subVI.
Is this all correct?
If it is, then I suggest using the Index Array function in a loop to
create the clusters. Or you could just read in 4 doubles at a time
from the file and process as you go. There are many options, it just
depends on your preferences and needs for your application.

Randy Hoskin
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/ask

Fri, 15 Oct 2004 23:26:30 GMT

1. main's open/replace/create file.vi but write in subvi

2. extracting data from subvi via main vi before subvi is finished

3. Dynamic start of subvi without waiting for end of subvi

4. Question: Creating text files

5. Creating text files using sockets

6. Creating fixed length text file

7. Creating a text file on a floppy

8. Creating VRML out of a text-file?

9. "Error 1 when trying to open and read datalog file from several subVi's

10. reading data from file in a subVI efficiently?

11. How to replace or create a file using the open/create/replace.vi

12. Deleting text in text file