Techno-Isel controller
Author Message
 Techno-Isel controller

Hello,

We have a Techno-Isel motion controller (servo) and would like to use
labview to control this system.  Techno offers no LabVIEW drivers for
their products.  Does anyone have experience with their systems?

Thanks for your help.

Mark

Sun, 05 Sep 2004 23:12:26 GMT
 Techno-Isel controller
I don't know about Techno-Isel but I think systec has a VI for their
motion controller MCM. YOu might want to check their website
www.systec.de

Jo

Quote:

> Hello,

> We have a Techno-Isel motion controller (servo) and would like to use
> LabVIEW to control this system.  Techno offers no LabVIEW drivers for
> their products.  Does anyone have experience with their systems?

> Thanks for your help.

> Mark

Mon, 06 Sep 2004 06:05:29 GMT
 Techno-Isel controller
What kind of interface does it have?  Does it have a manual that
describes a command set?  I would guess that it has a set of command
for programming moves and a serial interface.  In this case you can
easily write your own "drivers" using the VISA read/write commands.
Just use the VISA write command to send the command strings to the
unit over the serial port and you're set.

gm

Quote:

> Hello,

> We have a Techno-Isel motion controller (servo) and would like to use
> LabVIEW to control this system.  Techno offers no LabVIEW drivers for
> their products.  Does anyone have experience with their systems?

> Thanks for your help.

> Mark

Mon, 06 Sep 2004 22:45:47 GMT
 Techno-Isel controller

Quote:

> What kind of interface does it have?  Does it have a manual that
> describes a command set?  I would guess that it has a set of command
> for programming moves and a serial interface.  In this case you can
> easily write your own "drivers" using the VISA read/write commands.
> Just use the VISA write command to send the command strings to the
> unit over the serial port and you're set.

> gm

> > Hello,

> > We have a Techno-Isel motion controller (servo) and would like to use
> > LabVIEW to control this system.  Techno offers no LabVIEW drivers for
> > their products.  Does anyone have experience with their systems?

> > Thanks for your help.

> > Mark

Johannes and greenman,

Thanks for your help.

We've decided to replace the old Techno ISA card with a National
Instruments PCI-7344 and use the UMI-7764 to connect to the Techno
drive.  Techno sells their PCI controller card for $1495, but you must
pay another $750 for their  windows dll!  They stated that their dll
currently only works with VB, so we're better off buying buying the NI
card and using the LabVIEW motion control VIs.

Some of the Techno machines have built-in controllers with standard
RS-232  interfaces, which would have been easy to integrate into our
system.  Unfortunately ours is not on of those.

Mark

Sat, 25 Sep 2004 01:10:11 GMT

1. Receive error-1 at TCP/IP read - GPIB controller must be controller in charge

2. Off-Topic: techno-dweeb spam.

3. School tries to bridge techno-gender gap

4. School tries to bridge techno-gender gap

5. Techno Wizards

6. Looking for implementation info on Composite Model-View-Controller architecture

7. polling controllers recomended by PPD?

8. Help [VS] OLE2 Automation Controller

9. How to specify a controller for an ApplicationModel ?

10. SMS Sender Working, Environmental controller next..

11. Implementing an Ole Automation controller in Smalltalk MT 2.61