com1 vs asrl1
Author Message
 com1 vs asrl1

I'd like to have my serial port control default to com#1, but some computers
call it com1 and some call it asrl:1.  So as a result if I compile it one
way and then it gets used on the other type of computer then the user has to
remember to set it or he gets an error.  Is there a clean way of making it
default to whatever is available on that computer?

Tue, 17 Aug 2004 22:52:48 GMT
 com1 vs asrl1
com1 is the VISA alias that is set in MAX (Measurement and Automation
eXplorer).  All computers may not have this set up the same.  Using
ASRL1::INSTR should work for all computers that have a comm port
assigned to port one regardless of what the alias is set to.

Brian

Wed, 18 Aug 2004 00:13:17 GMT

1. Functional difference between VISA resource name ASRL1::INSTR and COM1

2. stdcall vs c vs cdecl vs pascal vs whosyerdaddy

3. 68K vs CFM68K vs Tk 8.0.3 vs AppearanceLib vs System 7

4. MASM vs TASM vs VC++ vs DJGPP vs A*^ vs PCC vs DEBUG,, "Hello World!"

5. MASM vs TASM vs VC++ vs DJGPP vs A*^ vs PCC vs DEBUG,, "Hello World!"

6. ST vs Java vs ST vs ....

7. API vs Internal vs Public vs Private in Envy/QA

8. VO vs DELPHI vs FOXPRO(Windows) vs DBASE(Windows)

9. Cellular automata benchmarks: Java vs C++ vs Java vs C++

10. need info on C++ vs Object Pascal vs Objective C vs etc

11. Cadence NCSIm Vs NCSim Desktop Vs Modelsim Vs VCS

12. Cadence NCSIm Vs NCSim Desktop Vs Modelsim Vs VCS