convert 1D array to four individual numbers
Author Message
 convert 1D array to four individual numbers

I am using a simple AI read to measure the output of 4 LVDT's. I wish
to break up this data (which is in a 4-element 1D array) into four
numeric single point precision elements. Any suggestions?? I have
tried using the index array function but this still produces an array
at the output.

Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:34:47 GMT
 convert 1D array to four individual numbers
Hi gordon,

I think you use "AI Sample Channels.vi" which will give an 1D-array.
If I connect "Index Array" it works. If you use "AI Read.vi" it will
give you a 2D-array, so "Index Array" will give a 1D-array.

Mayby you have done something else wrong it is a good idea to attach
the VI to a reply.

Waldemar

Fri, 29 Jul 2005 22:27:41 GMT
 convert 1D array to four individual numbers
Your data from the AI read is not a 1D array with 4 elements. It is a
2D array with 4 1D arrays representing a single channel scan with
multiple measurements. To get a single numeric representation. Index
the array as you've done and then process each channel. Do soemthing
like take the mean of each channel or any other post processing you
feel appropriate.

Fri, 29 Jul 2005 22:28:51 GMT
 convert 1D array to four individual numbers

I should also add that Arrays in labview can be confusing at first. If
you look at the wire thickness you can tell its dimension. Take a look
at this picture and you will see (DBL) wire types in LabVIEW. /Mikael

  Dimensions.png
1K Download

Fri, 29 Jul 2005 22:57:45 GMT

1. convert 2d array to 1d array without using shift registers and build array

2. Convert 1D string Array to Numeric Array

3. Join 1D three arrays together become a 1d array

4. convert 1d array to scalar

5. Convert 1D array to Waveform

6. Search 1D array-searching numbers in a range-

7. 1D binairy array (I16) to 2D array

8. Change a 2D Array into a 1D Array.

9. 1d array containing means of a 2d array

10. how to use 1D array as a multidimensional array

11. 2D array to 1D array

12. how to convert a table to a number array