ActiveX problems after upgrading to 7.0
Author Message
 ActiveX problems after upgrading to 7.0

I upgraded from 6.1 to 7.0.  I kept the 6.1 version intact.
Afterwards the ActiveX functions did not work in either version.  For
example, the 3D plots within labview did not work.  I had to uninstall
7.0 and reinstall 6.1 for it all to work again.  Any comments?

Mon, 28 Nov 2005 01:27:23 GMT
 ActiveX problems after upgrading to 7.0

Quote:
> I upgraded from 6.1 to 7.0.  I kept the 6.1 version intact.
> Afterwards the ActiveX functions did not work in either version.  For
> example, the 3D plots within Labview did not work.  I had to uninstall
> 7.0 and reinstall 6.1 for it all to work again.  Any comments?

I suspect that this isn't a general ActiveX problem, but a problem with
the specific 3D graph control.  I don't really know why that happened,
but the first thing to do would be to install 7.0, on a safe machine and
see if other ActiveX, such as to Excel, or dropping the calendar control
works or not.  You might then want to search the support site and see if
this is already known, otherwise contact them and see if they can help
you debug it.

Greg McKaskle

Mon, 28 Nov 2005 21:05:47 GMT
 ActiveX problems after upgrading to 7.0

Quote:

> > I upgraded from 6.1 to 7.0.  I kept the 6.1 version intact.
> > Afterwards the ActiveX functions did not work in either version.  For
> > example, the 3D plots within Labview did not work.  I had to uninstall
> > 7.0 and reinstall 6.1 for it all to work again.  Any comments?

> I suspect that this isn't a general ActiveX problem, but a problem with
> the specific 3D graph control.  I don't really know why that happened,
> but the first thing to do would be to install 7.0, on a safe machine and
> see if other ActiveX, such as to Excel, or dropping the calendar control
> works or not.  You might then want to search the support site and see if
> this is already known, otherwise contact them and see if they can help
> you debug it.

> Greg McKaskle

Here is a simple test I would do if I fall into such a problem.
I would install LabVIEW Express(7.0)on a windows 2000 machine (a clean
machine would be prefereable).
Then drop a automation open function. Create a Control and then select
an ActiveX class to the Microsoft Common Dialog Control Version 1.0
type library.
Select the CommonDialog (MSComDilg.CommonDialog.1) object.

You can select any of the objects depending on the type library
choosen.

Now go back to the diagram and drop the property node. Connect the
property node and take care the error handling. Now by selecting
different properties, one ata time you can check if there is any error
returned.

Repeat the same procedure with LV 6.1.

If there is an error returned in one property when using LabVIEw
Express but it works fine with LV6.1, then probably this is to be
reported to an Application engineer of NI.

Good luck

Tue, 29 Nov 2005 07:10:40 GMT
 ActiveX problems after upgrading to 7.0
Thanks for your response.  Actually I found some help on this website,
and replaced the new imbedded activeX controls (nicont.dll,
nicontdt.dll) with the old ones.  This didn't help.  I uninstalled
7.0, and it still didn't work.  I reinstalled 6.1 and everything
worked.  Then I reinstalled 7.0 and everything worked.  Go figure!

Tue, 29 Nov 2005 20:03:19 GMT

1. Upgrading to Labview 7.0 - Problems!

2. Why upgrade to blinker 7.0?

3. Any issues with upgrading from 6.1 to 7.0?

4. Upgrade to 7.0...

5. About working by OLE2 with EXCEL 7.0, Page Maker Table Editor and MS Word 7.0

6. Problem installing SimpleScalar 2.0 on Redhat Linux 7.0

7. SQL Server 7.0 problem

8. Pervasive.SQL 7.0 problems

9. Printing problem... Clipper 5.3 and Lantastic 7.0 DOS

10. ifc 7.0 linking error problem

11. problem with idb and ifc 7.0

12. Intel Fortran 7.0 install problem (MSVC 6.0)