Excel with Labview 6?
Author Message
 Excel with Labview 6?

I'm trying to get Excel '97 to work with labview 6.02, but I'm always
receiving error message: -2147319784: "old format or invalid type
library". I modified windows registry as told in LV knowledgebase.
After that I could see Excel components in ActiveX pull down menus. I
have tried to run demos such as "Open Excel And Make visible.vi" but
they always output the error message. I have tried this with both
Windows 2000 and NT. Other programmes, for instance MS Access, seem to
work fine. What is the catch?

Sun, 30 Nov 2003 19:05:16 GMT
 Excel with Labview 6?
Perhaps you are trying to control Excel 97 with Excel 2000 examples,
you should try to construct yours or find some examples for excel 97,
if you can't, i can provide you some.
Hope this helps

Sun, 30 Nov 2003 20:35:42 GMT
 Excel with Labview 6?
I have tried examples for Excel 97. Still no joy.

Sun, 30 Nov 2003 21:14:14 GMT
 Excel with Labview 6?
Anders,

You have run into a special case of the problem that actually has a
work around for it.  However, you will have to contact LabVIEW
technical support to obtain the temporary fix since they need to keep
track of all the people with this special case.

Sun, 30 Nov 2003 22:36:41 GMT

1. Plotting 1st column vs 2nd column in Excel from LabVIEW

2. Controlling Excel from LabVIEW

3. How to create chart in excel through labview?

4. Executing Macros in Excel from Labview

5. Accessing the Solver AddIn to Excel from LabVIEW

6. excel solver for Labview

7. Labview Excel Container can't close Exceel

8. Labview from Excel

9. Labview Report Generation toolkit inserts strings rather than numbers into excel

10. Excel performed an illegal operation in labview

11. Labview/Excel question

12. executing excel macros with labview