Multiplot: Names of the Plots
Author Message
 Multiplot: Names of the Plots

I want to give each plot the name of the measurement, but 1 was only
able to chance the name of Plot 0 with "Property Node-Plot name" and not
the names of Plot 1 and higher. How can i do that?

Martin Rudigier

Mon, 01 Dec 2003 03:53:53 GMT
 Multiplot: Names of the Plots
First you must set active plot, if you set active plot to 1, you'll
change that plot's name when you set plot name, if you select 2 as
active plot...

Mon, 01 Dec 2003 05:21:19 GMT
 Multiplot: Names of the Plots

Quote:
> I want to give each plot the name of the measurement, but 1 was only
> able to chance the name of Plot 0 with "Property Node-Plot name" and not
> the names of Plot 1 and higher. How can i do that?

If you inspect the output of the property node, you will see that
it is returning an error.  You cannot set a property on a plot
that has not been allocated.

First, write some data to the graph for each plot.  Even an empty
array or waveform will allocate the plot, then set the properties.
Another way to allocate the plots is to grow the legend to show
the plot and plot name.

Greg McKaskle

Mon, 01 Dec 2003 07:38:06 GMT
 Multiplot: Names of the Plots

Quote:

> > I want to give each plot the name of the measurement, but 1 was only
> > able to chance the name of Plot 0 with "Property Node-Plot name" and not
> > the names of Plot 1 and higher. How can i do that?

> If you inspect the output of the property node, you will see that
> it is returning an error.  You cannot set a property on a plot
> that has not been allocated.

> First, write some data to the graph for each plot.  Even an empty
> array or waveform will allocate the plot, then set the properties.
> Another way to allocate the plots is to grow the legend to show
> the plot and plot name.

Even then, you have to manually do something to the new plot (at least
in 5.1). If you grow the legend to 2 plots, you have to do something
like setting the color or line type.

Only then can you work with the second plot programmatically.

Mark

Mon, 01 Dec 2003 08:17:11 GMT
 Multiplot: Names of the Plots
Thank you, now it works.

Martin Rudigier

Rudigier Martin schrieb:

Quote:

> I want to give each plot the name of the measurement, but 1 was only
> able to chance the name of Plot 0 with "Property Node-Plot name" and not
> the names of Plot 1 and higher. How can i do that?

> Martin Rudigier

Tue, 02 Dec 2003 00:43:39 GMT

1. multiplot strip chart plots latest point as first

2. How do I change multiple plot names

3. Using polar plot to plot distance/angle pairs

4. plots start at zero in plot legend

5. Bar plot with gridlines visible over plot?

6. Variable number of data sets in multiplot

7. How to edit the legend of a multiplot?

8. Adding cursornames to a multiplot wavegraphs

9. How to clear a Multiplot Chart Programmatically?

10. How can i clear specific plot in a multiplot XY graph?

11. controlling cluster size in multiplot chart

12. Y Axis on multiplot chart