Labview and Adobe Acrobat output
Author Message
 Labview and Adobe Acrobat output

What is the "Distiller"?  Didn't know there was a PDF Writer function
either.  Anyone have an example of how to do this?  I am using a PC,
and wanting to print out the strip chart after testing.  My
application is very similar to John's.

Charley Tompkins

Test and Automation Engineer
Baker Oil Tools

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 04:27:01 GMT
 Labview and Adobe Acrobat output
generated by you as a prompt in labview, then you are well on your
way.  If it is prompted for by the system, then good luck.  Not having
worked with this before, I can't offer much.

However...

If what you are trying to do is, as some others posting here, to print
a graph periodically, then I can offer an alternative suggestion:

I once created a strip chart recorder program in LabVIEW 5.0.1.  It
took data at a configurable rate, and compiled it to a color graph.
Periodically (also configurable, in number of data points???) it would
print a b&w graph of the data collected in that set.  At the end of a
period, I would have a stack of neatly printed graphs, just like a
strip chart recorder (sort of...)

The trick to doing this was to call a different VI with configured
graphs, all neatly put up on a page, and populate the graphs with the
latest data, and programmatically print the front panel.  This allowed
incredible flexibility with certain restrictions.  As this was a front
panel, you couldn't (in my version) easily configure the number of
channels.  All graphs were individual graphs, and were autoscaled, or
scaling was manually configured.  Additional information such as
filename (data were also saved to disk at the same time it was
printed), date, time, and other pertinent information were printed on
the graph printout.  It was quite inexpensive, and until daylight
savings time, was quite reliable (good old windows 95 liked to shut
down the system to tell you it was changing the time, and hold
everything, waiting for you to say "ok"...gotta love it...)

This is an excellent method of producing strip-chart recorder type
output to a printer without much fancy programming.  While it does
take a little bit of planning to execute properly, it really works
well.

Hope that helps

Sat, 21 Aug 2004 06:19:55 GMT

1. Labview and Adobe Acrobat output

2. Adobe Acrobat PDF with APL characters

3. Adobe Acrobat PDF

4. US-MD CA-Unicenter MSM SMS PVCS Intersolv Adobe Acrobat Smalltalk

5. US-MD CA-Unicenter MSM SMS PVCS Intersolv Adobe Acrobat Smalltalk

6. US-MD CA-Unicenter MSM SMS PVCS Intersolv Adobe Acrobat Smalltalk

7. US-MD CA-Unicenter MSM SMS PVCS Intersolv Adobe Acrobat Smalltalk

8. US-MD CA-Unicenter MSM SMS PVCS Intersolv Adobe Acrobat Smalltalk

9. US-MD CA-Unicenter MSM SMS PVCS Intersolv Adobe Acrobat Smalltalk

10. Batch Printing with Adobe Acrobat

11. printing Adobe Acrobat files from a Clarion App

12. Adobe acrobat and clipper