Use Start In specify folder from properties
Author Message
 Use Start In specify folder from properties

I want to start looking for file in the START IN folder specify in
properties of the shortcut Icon.
My application is create using Application builder in labview 6.

Sun, 26 Sep 2004 04:23:12 GMT
 Use Start In specify folder from properties
emperor,

Are you trying to look for your executable in the "Start In" directory
or a data file from within the application. If the answer is the
first, then I would suggest learing some Microsoft shell scripting to
be able to do this. If the answer is the second, then I suggest using
the 'start path' input to either the File Dialog primative of the
Open/Create/Replace.vi. You can get the current path of the VI, strip
out the name of the VI and the executable name and then you have the
same directory as the exe file so start in.

Randy Hoskin
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/ask

Tue, 28 Sep 2004 23:11:11 GMT
 Use Start In specify folder from properties
I want to read some data file record in the "Start in" directory.  As
you know it is possible to set that directory to be different from the
application one.
My program already start to look in the application directory as you
mention but I would like to give the opportunity to other user to
change it directly from properties instead of creating an INI file or
recompile the Vi.

Thanks

Wed, 29 Sep 2004 02:47:30 GMT

1. Folder Properties

2. SHBrowseForFolder with a pre-selected starting folder

3. Announcement: Opportunities at Intellectual Property Reuse/System-On-A-Chip Start-up Company

4. Hierarchial ListBoxes -- expanded folder inside a folder?

5. creating folders and sub folders

6. How to list files, folders and all their files under the folders

7. using list box to find specific files in folderS

8. Setting privileges of a folder using REALbasic

9. how to specify the excel sheet you wanted while using Active X

10. Using an environment variable to specify a command file to run

11. Using parameterizable delays in specify blocks ???

12. using modules in f90 to specify precision