removing sub-VI from memory
Author Message
 removing sub-VI from memory

Is it possible to remove a subVI from memory with the
"Invoke Node", "Abort VI"-Method?

My problem is: after about 1 hour a low level subVI from
labview (Read Serial Port) hangs up! The subVI doesn't have a
timeout-parameter and is just waiting forever for some bytes at the
serial port. Now my program is waiting for this subVI forever.
I already programmed a watchdog, which tells me, when this error
occurs. Then the user (me) gets warned and I try to abort this
subVI by the above method. But: that doesn't seem to work? Any
other idea?
(I could move the serial communication into separate VI, which
communicates with the main program via a handshake procedure, but
that doesn't solve the problem.)

TIA
Gerd Wieczorek

--
Posted from mail.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE [130.149.4.15]
via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 13 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. extracting data from subvi via main vi before subvi is finished

2. Using control reference with a Sub-vi over a TCP VI Server connection

3. Using control reference with a Sub-vi over a TCP VI Server connection

4. Need to place sub VI in VI a number of times

5. How do I use server to control for sub-vi from a main vi

6. Sub VI to main VI

7. Data transfering from sub-vi to main-vi

8. Continuous data transfer from vi to sub-vi

9. Need to display sub-vi front panels without stopping WHILE loop containing those VI's

10. "sub vi calling main vi"

11. Sub.vi shrinking Main.vi

12. moving average vi as sub vi