LabView OPC question
Author Message
 LabView OPC question

Hi!

Is there a way to use OPC for communication with MicroSoft Excel ?
Any clues appreciated !

I've used labview DDE communication in earlier applications but there seems
to be problems with the LabView DDE tool. It has problems maintaining an
open channel with the DDE server that I use, National Instrument told me it
was a known bug but that they were phasing DDE out in favour of OPC, so no
fixes were available.

Yours/

--
Roger Ohlund,   MSc Engineering Physics
Ericsson Erisoft AB

Fri, 23 Jul 2004 19:41:28 GMT
 LabView OPC question
Sorry to have bothered You!

I found a solution on the web........
http://www.win-tech.com/html/opcxchg.htm

Yours/
-
Roger Ohlund,   MSc Engineering Physics
Ericsson Erisoft AB
(S?/EPL/J/T)  Ph: +46 910 731423
Skelleftehamnsvagen 206 Cell: +46 70 2648301
S-932 83 Ursviken, Sweden Fax:

Quote:

>Hi!

>Is there a way to use OPC for communication with MicroSoft Excel ?
>Any clues appreciated !

>I've used LabView DDE communication in earlier applications but there seems
>to be problems with the LabView DDE tool. It has problems maintaining an
>open channel with the DDE server that I use, National Instrument told me it
>was a known bug but that they were phasing DDE out in favour of OPC, so no
>fixes were available.

>Yours/

>--
>Roger Ohlund,   MSc Engineering Physics
>Ericsson Erisoft AB
>(S?/EPL/J/T)  Ph: +46 910 731423
>Skelleftehamnsvagen 206 Cell: +46 70 2648301
>S-932 83 Ursviken, Sweden Fax:

Sat, 24 Jul 2004 15:22:19 GMT

1. My OPC client app hangs when the OPC server dissapears from the net

2. LabVIEW and OPC

3. Labview/induscreen via une liaison OPC

4. OPC in labview

5. Problems in connecting OPC-Server with LabVIEW 5.1.1

6. Retrieve an Integer array from OPC Server in Labview

7. DAQ <- Labview <- OPC client

8. Siemens SPS5 and LabVIEW over OPC

9. communication lost between labview 6.0 opc to rslinx

10. Of OPC, DataSocket, ActiveX, LabView, VB, etc.

11. comunication between opc server and a generic labview application

12. How to realize an OPC server with LabVIEW?