Accessing executable while running LabVIEW
Author Message
 Accessing executable while running LabVIEW

Hi there,

Okay, I'm creating this VI in labview that uses SystemExec.vi to run
an external, DOS-based program. However, this external program needs
input after output of the first segment of text. The input is found
using a small Call Library Function, but is BASED ON what the program
outputs during its first segment.

So, if you couldn't tell already, I'm having a problem getting the
output of the first segment into LabVIEW so I can work with it. In
SystemExec.vi, when I set "Wait Until Completion?" to "false", there
is no output from the sub-vi. Thus, I can't work with it.

Basically, during the whole execution, I need to have LabVIEW able to
interact with the program. But it looks like the program outputs to
ONLY ONE device, either the console or LabVIEW. Any suggestions?

Tue, 09 Dec 2003 04:16:38 GMT
 Accessing executable while running LabVIEW
Bonhomme-
I answered your question in the other question you posed with the same
description entitled:
Can LabView interact with an executable?

ben schulte
national instruments

Wed, 10 Dec 2003 01:24:48 GMT

1. Contolling a labview executable from another labview executable

2. Error When Running LabVIEW Executable - drawmgr.cpp, line 2931

3. How do I run a labview executable from C++

4. Labview Executable with VISA functions in Run Time Engine

5. Labview 6.1 problems with VISA when running application executable

6. how to access and run executables...

7. Labview PDA, What component does my Windows CE OS needs to run labview PDA

8. I want LabVIEW run-time installer to run by default

9. How can I call a LabVIEW executable from within another LabVIEW executable?

10. Linking an executable inside LabView

11. Launch and external visual basic program from a labview executable

12. How to start a LabVIEW executable programmatically.