Q: How to do remote data aquisition from an ARM Linux with DAQCard-1200
Author Message
 Q: How to do remote data aquisition from an ARM Linux with DAQCard-1200

I have a small embedded system running ARM Linux. This system has two PCMCIA
slots. My idea is to have a Bluetooth or WLAN card in one of the slots, and
a NI DAQCard-1200 in the other. I have the Linux Comedi DAQ drivers
installed already. Assuming that I can connect to this embedded system using
TCP/IP, would it be possible to interface this system to a PC running
labview? Is there any implementation of something like VI server or RDA
server around for Linux, preferably with source code?

/Ulf

    http://www.*-*-*.com/       The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

Sun, 03 Jul 2005 08:34:47 GMT
 Q: How to do remote data aquisition from an ARM Linux with DAQCard-1200
I'm not clear on whether or not you are wanting to control the DAQ
Card from the LabVIEW system or not.  I know that you can use TCP/IP
to communicate from LabVIEW to this machine.  However, it depends upon
what you are wanting to do with LabVIEW.  If your Linux system writes
data to a file, then a LabVIEW application could use TCP/IP
communication to read from this file.  That is one way to interface
them.  If that is what you are looking for, then you're on your way!

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 05:39:07 GMT
 Q: How to do remote data aquisition from an ARM Linux with DAQCard-1200
I would like to be able to control the DAQ from the LabVIEW system, without
going through any intermediary file writing steps. Maybe it would be
possible to write some kind of a proxy VI that would communicate over TCP/IP
with some Comedi-based DAQ proxy running on the embedded Linux system? Has
anyone seen such a proxy implementation?

/Ulf

Quote:
> I'm not clear on whether or not you are wanting to control the DAQ
> Card from the LabVIEW system or not.  I know that you can use TCP/IP
> to communicate from LabVIEW to this machine.  However, it depends upon
> what you are wanting to do with LabVIEW.  If your Linux system writes
> data to a file, then a LabVIEW application could use TCP/IP
> communication to read from this file.  That is one way to interface
> them.  If that is what you are looking for, then you're on your way!

   http://www.newsfeed.com       The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 08:57:03 GMT
 Q: How to do remote data aquisition from an ARM Linux with DAQCard-1200

Quote:
> I would like to be able to control the DAQ from the LabVIEW system,
> without going through any intermediary file writing steps. Maybe it
> would be possible to write some kind of a proxy VI that would
> communicate over TCP/IP with some Comedi-based DAQ proxy running on the
> embedded Linux system? Has anyone seen such a proxy implementation?

Sounds cool.  Looks like you want to built a DAQ server and client.  This
is very similar to communicating with a mail or ftp server.  The server
would just sit there merrily collecting data and every so often it check a
particular TCP port to see if any requests have come in.  I would use easy
to understand text commands like RUN or GET SAMPLES.  This will make it
easy to test by using telnet.  The hand shaking would be key here. You
don't want to saturate the server with commands but you don't want it to
miss any.  You may want to copy the SCPI command syntax as used with GPIB
instruments.

OT - have you made calls to the Comedi shared library using LV's Call
Library Function yet? Just tried it and was pleased to find that it
actually works.  Way better than using CINs.

Good luck!
-Kevin

Fri, 08 Jul 2005 09:08:01 GMT

1. Problems with the DAQCard 1200 and waveform

2. Driver for DAQCard 1200

3. 2 DAQCard-1200's in a laptop, MAX sees only 1...

4. Can't get DAQcard-1200 to put out pulse train.

5. Getting error -10008 with DAQCard-1200 and Mac OS 9.1 for...

6. 2 DAQCard-1200's in a laptop, MAX sees only 1...

7. Need Help With Data Aquisition and Window Structure

8. Opening a file dialog box with a button while the data graph is running continuos aquisition

9. data aquisition problems

10. Problem with analog Data Aquisition and Channel Wizard

11. Anybody using Labview?(data aquisition/control)

12. Kyocera FS 1200 Laser Printer