LabVIEW and mp3 files
Author Message
 LabVIEW and mp3 files

Hello labviewers,

I'm wondering if any of you knows how to play mp3 files with LabVIEW.
Is there a simple way to do this? I would appreciate any information
you can provide. Thanks.

Dwight Krehbiel
Bethel College
North Newton, KS

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 07:03:00 GMT
 LabVIEW and mp3 files
.. just a short note. In order to use Enrique's cool help function in
this program, one first needs to put the MusicBrowser.hlp file on the
following location:

C:\mp3lib\MusicBrowser.hlp

This will be added the Readme document in the next release.

Enjoy! /Mikael

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 09:29:10 GMT
 LabVIEW and mp3 files
Dwight Krehbiel schrieb:

Quote:
> Hello LabVIEWers,

> I'm wondering if any of you knows how to play mp3 files with LabVIEW.
> Is there a simple way to do this? I would appreciate any information
> you can provide. Thanks.

Hi Dwight,

I'm using Winamp for myself by sending messages to the application.
Another way is to use ActiveX and mediaplayer. You can find an example
for a player "GAMP" here:
http://search.ni.com/query.html?col=alldocs&layout=Zone&qp=section%3A...

Otherwise you should find several audio libraries (DLLs), where you have
direct access without any other application. But there i can't help you.

If you want's more information about controlling winamp just mail me.

greets
Henrik

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 16:29:41 GMT
 LabVIEW and mp3 files
Henrik,
I would love to have Winamp as an option in my MusicBrowser. However,
I have found no documentation on how to control Winamp. If you could
post a simple example here that demonstrates how to play songs thru
Winamp in LabVIEW it would great.

Thanks in advance!
Mikael

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 18:40:11 GMT
 LabVIEW and mp3 files

Quote:

> .. just a short note. In order to use Enrique's cool help function in
> this program, one first needs to put the MusicBrowser.hlp file on the
> following location:

> C:\mp3lib\MusicBrowser.hlp

> This will be added the Readme document in the next release.

> Enjoy! /Mikael

I'm sorry - I really don't understand where to get this help file. Are
we talking about a LabVIEW release or the release of some other
software? Can you tell me anything more specific about how LabVIEW
might be used with these files?

Dwight

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 22:18:27 GMT
 LabVIEW and mp3 files
Mikael Garcia schrieb:

Quote:
> Henrik,
> I would love to have Winamp as an option in my MusicBrowser. However,
> I have found no documentation on how to control Winamp. If you could
> post a simple example here that demonstrates how to play songs thru
> Winamp in LabVIEW it would great.

> Thanks in advance!
> Mikael

Hi Mikael,

I have written this vi's for personal use only. But if I see, that
someone is interestet, I would rewrite all (vi's and dll's) and offer it
for free use on my site. But perhaps i need some time to finish. When
I'm ready i will let you know.

Greets
Henrik

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 15:44:59 GMT
 LabVIEW and mp3 files
Hi,

This could be done with MCI commands, DirectSound, Windows Media Audio com
object (set AutoStart=TRUE, uiMode="mini", URL="d:\test.mp3") , or with the
windows shell (ShellExecuteA, use "play" as command). More info:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwm...
audiooverview.asp

"Programming Audio in Microsoft Windows and on Web Pages: An Overview"

Regards,

Wiebe.

Quote:
> Hello LabVIEWers,

> I'm wondering if any of you knows how to play mp3 files with LabVIEW.
> Is there a simple way to do this? I would appreciate any information
> you can provide. Thanks.

> Dwight Krehbiel
> Bethel College
> North Newton, KS

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 16:04:33 GMT

1. MP3 MP3 MP3

2. mp3 to wav, wav to mp3

3. Clarion and mp3 Files

4. Play MP3 file

5. rb3 and mp3 files??

6. Fade-in / Fade-out MP3 Files

7. MP3 Files - Reading Information

8. mp3 file to waveform data

9. Handling sound files (wav or mp3)

10. MP3 file format

11. Playing mp3 files with wxPython

12. How to modify ID3 tags in MP3 files?