Image viewing program won't work on Win NT
Author Message
 Image viewing program won't work on Win NT

I have a fairly simple VI that reads binary image files from disk and
shows them in a picture control.  The compiled code works fine under
Win 98 (where it was written), but not under Win NT.  The problem
appears to be with the Open/Create/Replace File.vi when opening a U8
type byte stream file.  It seems to return a file size of zero bytes.
(I'm guessing this because I don't have labview on the NT machine).
Any suggestions or possible work arounds?

Fri, 08 Jul 2005 23:17:24 GMT
 Image viewing program won't work on Win NT
My guess is that this is almost certainly a common mistake when
building applications. If you're using the Current VI's path function,
it is different for a standalone VI and one that is part of an exe.
You'll have to use an extra strip path function for an exe. If you use
the property Application.Kind, you can determine whether you're in the
Run Time or Development System and put the extra strip path inside of
case statement. Then the program will work both ways. Examples of this
have been posted numerous times to the forum. Do a search to find an
actual example.

Sat, 09 Jul 2005 00:18:24 GMT
 Image viewing program won't work on Win NT
Thanks for the input. However, I am not using the current VIs path.
The path to the file is specified using a front panel control
(actually a path control and a string control, combined using the
build path.vi function).  I found the example code you mention but I
don't think this is the problem since I am not using the path to the
VI.  Also, the compiled application runs under Win 98, its just NT
where the problem occurs (using the same installer for both operating
systems).

Sun, 10 Jul 2005 00:22:05 GMT
 Image viewing program won't work on Win NT
The only other thing I can think of off-hand is that the security
settings under NT don't allow access to the file. Add some error
handling to verify that the problem is actually with opening the file
and get the actual error code and message generated.

Sun, 10 Jul 2005 00:54:59 GMT
 Image viewing program won't work on Win NT
Opening the file as read-only took care of the problem.  Thanks for
pointing me in the right direction.

Sun, 10 Jul 2005 21:55:56 GMT

1. Realia 4.x programs won't run on Win 2000 RC2

2. Realia 4.x programs won't run on Win 2000 RC2

3. HTML Help Demo Doesn't Work With Win NT

4. DIRECTORY function won't work under NT Server 4.0

5. Windows NT : One station won't work...

6. Don't work Grail on WIN 95/NT (Python)

7. Calling another rexx program won't work...

8. Win NT or Win 2000 Server?

9. Max Connections to Win NT workstation / Win 2000 pro

10. XDS for Win NT and Win 95 now available

11. SmallEiffel -0.82 for DOS, Win NT, Win 95

12. REXX for Win 95 and Win NT