adding a shift register to a while loop
Author Message
 adding a shift register to a while loop

I'm somewhat new at this, but I do know what I need.  I need to add a
shift register to a while loop that I have - actually several.  Anyway,
when I go to the corner and right-click, the "Add Shift Register" line is
grayed out.  I can't figure this one out.  I have a sub vi within the
while loop, but even if I try to just put a while loop within the sub vi,
it won't let me do it.  Anyone ever seen this?  Is this an obvious thing
that I am just missing?

Thanks for the help,
Harry

--
Harry Crawford King III
uucp:     ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!gtd845a

Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 adding a shift register to a while loop
Before reinstalling LavVIEW from scratch, try this first:

Go anywhere along the left or right edge and right-click. Does it work now?

"Corner" (as well as top and bottom sides) won't work.

I don't quite understand exactly how you're trying to put a while loop in
the sub-vi. could you describe in a little more detail exactly what you're
doing and what happens (you can use private e-mail for this).

Quote:
>..Anyway, when I go to the ****corner**** and right-click, the
>"Add Shift Register" line is grayed out....
>I have a sub vi within the while loop, but even if I try to just put
> while loop within the sub vi, it won't let me do it.  Anyone ever seen

this?

Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 adding a shift register to a while loop

Quote:

>Go anywhere along the left or right edge and right-click. Does it work now?

Yes.  Thanks much.  The manual says you can do it by popping on teh left
or right border.... for some reason I thought it said corner.

Harry

--
Harry Crawford King III
uucp:     ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!gtd845a

Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. while loops and shift registers

2. Break out of a While Loop then jump back in (to re-initialize a shift register)

3. Problem with initialization of a shift register on while loop

4. Shift register initialization and while loop

5. Urgent problem about while loop and shift register

6. Using shift register or Add element (in a loop)...differences??

7. Must wire shift register through event structure

8. Resetting the shift register

9. problems about shift register

10. Empty picture vs a shift register?

11. Shift Register Initialisation

12. Clearing chart buffer using shift registers