HELP: Run-time array dimension in LabVIEW formula node
Author Message
 HELP: Run-time array dimension in LabVIEW formula node

I need to dimension an array at run time within a formula node as follows:

    int32 i,N;
    N = sizeOfDim(inputArray,0);
    float64 outputArray[N];

    for (i = 0; i<N; i++) {
        outputArray[i] = myfunction(inputArray[i]);
    }

However, labview complains "Formula Node: index list expected". On the
other  hand, if I say

    float64 outputArray[1000];

LabVIEW is perfectly happy. But that's not what I need to do! Is there
an alternative
way of accomplishing my goal?

BTW, I've tried calculating N outside the formula node and then
presenting it as
an input with the same results. I've got a bad feeling that run time
array dimensioning
just isn't allowed.

    TIA,
    Hugh

Tue, 06 Jul 2004 22:44:10 GMT
 HELP: Run-time array dimension in LabVIEW formula node
Can't you just use the Initialize Array function outside the formula
node and pass that instead?

Tue, 06 Jul 2004 23:37:15 GMT

1. determining array dimensions at run-time

2. Dimensioning arrays at run-time, best way?

3. LabVIEW 5.1 + Eval Formula Node

4. Strange error in Labview 5.0 (formula node)

5. LabView 6.1 formula node issue with negative exponent

6. can I create array inside formula node

7. in formula node how to use array outputs

8. Bug using array in formula node, LV6.0

9. Evaluating an array through a formula node

10. I want LabVIEW run-time installer to run by default

11. Re : Run time sizing of arrays - HELP

12. Integer and a string arrays to LabVIEW from Matlab script node