Drivers for AxD convertor
Author Message
 Drivers for AxD convertor

I use a PowerLab AxD conversion unit that connects to a PC via SCSI.

I would like to write a front end application for this using labview but
there are no drivers available for this unit and the AxD manufacturer is not
interested.  What steps would be involved in constructing my own drivers for
use in a Windows enviornment.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sun, 22 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Drivers for AxD convertor
If there are DLL type of drivers available then you can write LV VI wrappers
for those DLLs.  Ideally you would write CIN wrappers to those DLLs then
write VIs to call CINs.  Advantage of CINs is that sometimes there are
problems with pointers to arrays if using a LV DLL wrapper.  Basically if
there is not enough memory LV could reallocate the memory locations passed
to the DLL before you have retrieved the data.  So I would get driver API
from the manufacture and write VI's to call manufacturer's DLLs assuming
that they are available.

Reinis Kanders

Quote:
> I use a PowerLab AxD conversion unit that connects to a PC via SCSI.

> I would like to write a front end application for this using LabVIEW but
> there are no drivers available for this unit and the AxD manufacturer is
not
> interested.  What steps would be involved in constructing my own drivers
for
> use in a Windows enviornment.

> Any help would be appreciated.

Sun, 22 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Drivers for AxD convertor
[posted and mailed]

Quote:
>I use a PowerLab AxD conversion unit that connects to a PC via SCSI.

>I would like to write a front end application for this using LabVIEW but
>there are no drivers available for this unit and the AxD manufacturer is
>not interested.  What steps would be involved in constructing my own
>drivers for use in a Windows enviornment.

>Any help would be appreciated.

If you know enough about SCSI, our company provides (sells) a SCSI
toolkit for LabVIEW but you will need to understand the SCSI conventions
and have a detailed knowledge of the SCSI command block structures that
the device uses to communicate. SCSI at any stage is not for the
fainthearted. For specific hardware this will mean obtaining the command
block structure directly from the provider.

Out of interest I am not aware of the PowerLab AxD. Is this an AD
Instruments PowerLab or some other manufacturer with a coincidental name.
BTW we also have a LabVIEW driver for the PowerLab E Series and we are
located around the corner in Vic Park, Perth.

--

Alexander C. Le Dain, PhD
ICON Technologies Pty Ltd

Mon, 23 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. USB to serial port convertors

2. Smalltalk to Java convertors

3. NG to HTML convertor released.

4. MW DOS to MW Win95 Convertor

5. mem2xpf convertor

6. mira2hs v1.03 - Miranda to Haskell convertor

7. Analog to Digital Convertor VI

8. Ada to C convertor

9. Wanted Convertor from Clipper 5.2 to C

10. C header to Modula-2 DEF convertor?

11. {Ruby code -> C} convertor

12. RE; modula2 to c convertor