Change column width in Labview Database Connectivity Toolset
Author Message
 Change column width in Labview Database Connectivity Toolset

The Access Database created seems to limited the string column width
to that of the first record set. How can I change/increase this so the
same column will take longer strings?
Thanks.
Zuolan Wang

Wed, 04 Aug 2004 01:51:47 GMT
 Change column width in Labview Database Connectivity Toolset
Zuolan,
DB Tools Create Table has column information input, that is an array
of clusters that describe each column to be created. One of the inputs
in this cluster is size of column in database. It is only used for
string data type. Here, you can specify the width of the column in
number of characters.

Zvezdana S.
National Instruments

Sat, 07 Aug 2004 07:00:20 GMT
 Change column width in Labview Database Connectivity Toolset
Zvezdana
Thanks for your reply. The VI I am using to create the tables (and
inserte the data the same time) is 'DB Tools Inser Data' which allows
me to save labview clusters directly to the database without the
trouble of manually specifying the column format. To use the approach
you suggested, I need to be able to obtain the (database equavelant)
of column formats from the cluster programatically. Any ideas?
Zuolan

Sun, 08 Aug 2004 00:23:48 GMT

1. LabVIEW Database Connectivity Toolset Announced

2. Database Connectivity Toolset - Update

3. Database connectivity toolset and nested transaction

4. Memory leak when using database connectivity toolset and ODBC driver for MySQL

5. UPDATE in "Database Connectivity Toolset"...

6. ?list{proplist:width+proplist:group,SomeNr} does change field width, not group width

7. Can you programmatically change the width of columns in a table control\indicator

8. database connectivity in labview?

9. Databasa Connectivity Toolset Reading Performance

10. DB Connectivity Toolset with Access DB having autonumber and date/time fields

11. Problems with "DB Close Connection" in LabVIEW Database Connectivity Toolset

12. How to get a recordset defined by primarykeys using the LabVIEW Database Connectivity Toolset?