Can analog output cards generate different waveforms simultaneously?
Author Message
 Can analog output cards generate different waveforms simultaneously?

I am trying to simulate 4 waveforms operating simultaneously at
different frequencies with one PXI-6713 Analog Output card.  When I
start my second wave, the first wave quits running, and the front end
of the first OR the second can update the characteristics of the
second wave.  It's like labview assigns the same taskID to both
channels so that when I write to one, they both get the new
information.  Has anyone had any luck generating different waveforms
simultaneously on one card or is it even possible?  Thanks for your
help.

Sat, 20 Dec 2003 03:54:15 GMT
 Can analog output cards generate different waveforms simultaneously?
I never used the pXI-6713 card, but I can give you a general hint that
maybe can help you.

To run different processes they must be assigned different ids and
different groups: by default, AO Config.vi assigns group 0 to all
processes; you have to explicitly put different groups in order to
avoid conflicts between the different processes you want to execute.

Hope this helps
Roberto

Sat, 20 Dec 2003 12:52:16 GMT
 Can analog output cards generate different waveforms simultaneously?
Van;

To generate 4 waveforms and start each one on a different time without
stopping the other ones, you will need to manipulate the buffer of
data. Let's say that initially you need a sinewave just on the first
channel. If you are planning to generate 4 waveforms, you will need to
create a 4D array buffer where the first colunm will contain the sine
wave and the other three colunms will be composed by zeros. When you
need to start the second channel, you just keep copying the first sine
wave data to the first colunm of the buffer and then start to insert
the second sinewave data to the second column. You can repeate this
process till you fill out the 4 colunms of the buffer. If you need to
stop the generation at any channel, you need to start filing that
specific colunm with zeros.
That particular board you have has just one group, so, by changing the
group number you will get an error.
Hope this helps.
Filipe Altoe
Application Engineer
National Instruments

Sun, 21 Dec 2003 00:17:45 GMT
 Can analog output cards generate different waveforms simultaneously?
I tried Roberto's solution, and I'm now getting different taskIDs;
however, this made my problem worse.  I can write to each taskID using
the AOWrite VI, but the AOStart VI causes my computer to crash with a
blue screen when the second AOStart VI is called.  Is it illegal to
have two AOStart VIs operating on the same device in parallel?

Sun, 21 Dec 2003 01:46:42 GMT

1. Analog outputs of DAQ-6062 card not working properly

2. sychronized digital/analog output at a microsecond time scale on a PCI 6713 card

3. How to generate two analog square output with one delayed

4. error 10843 - underflow error - PCI 6025E - when outputing two waveforms simultaneously

5. generate to sound card output

6. Using analog output to trigger analog input.

7. using analog and digital frame grabbers simultaneously

8. Send out analog and digital signal simultaneously ?

9. Simultaneously read 4 counters on 6602 card

10. how to control two 6110e daq cards to acquire 8 signals simultaneously

11. Simultaneously gathering multiple channels at different scan rates

12. Simultaneously gathering multiple channels at different scan rates