how to assign key such as ALT F, ALT G to a control
Author Message
 how to assign key such as ALT F, ALT G to a control

i would to assizn keys such as CTRL G, ctrl f to boolen controls . is
it possible to do this in lab veiw.IF yes please tell me how i can do
it.

Sat, 15 Oct 2005 20:38:01 GMT
 how to assign key such as ALT F, ALT G to a control
Unfortunately, LV doesn't allow you to map arbitrary key strokes to
particular key. The closest it gets is letting you assign funtion keys
(F1 through F12) to controls.

Still, there might be a way to get what you need. There are VIs
available that allow you to trap characters typed on the keyboard.
Perhaps they might help.

Mike...

Sat, 15 Oct 2005 21:25:35 GMT
 how to assign key such as ALT F, ALT G to a control
LabVIEW does not allow such shortcuts to be assigned to controls etc,
only menu items. However you can use the key down event to detect when
the given key combination has been pressed and then highlight the
control, press down boolean control or whatever it is you want the
keyboard shortcut to do...

An example showing how to read the key down event can be found at:

http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/niepd_web_display.display_epd4?p_guid=B45E...

Sat, 15 Oct 2005 22:17:52 GMT
 how to assign key such as ALT F, ALT G to a control

Quote:
> i would to assizn keys such as CTRL G, ctrl f to boolen controls . is
> it possible to do this in lab veiw.IF yes please tell me how i can do
> it.

As the other posts mentioned, LV allows for FKeys and some other common
keys to be attached to buttons, and it allows for ctl-key combos to be
assigned to menu items.

This separation may change in the future, but it was done this way
because those are typical UI guidelines for UI key navigation.  You
might want to consider whether you want to make a menu item that carries
out the same action as the button and make the key combo do the menu
instead of the button.  Even when the menu is hidden, such as in a
Windows modal dialog, the menu shortcuts are still active.

Greg McKaskle

Sun, 16 Oct 2005 10:04:47 GMT

1. RFD: alt.lang.asm.68k, alt.lang.asm.x86, alt.lang

2. Control, Meta and Alt keys on the Mac

3. Welcome to alt.lang.fortran (formerly alt.lang.pl1)

4. ALTs and PRI ALTs

5. alt.lang.focal - more thoughts (was Re: alt.lang.focal)

6. alt.lang.ml->alt.lang.asm

7. binding alt-tab and alt-shift-tab

8. Detect Alt key

9. Customizing alt-Keys

10. Getting Alt Function keys back

11. Blockade the Alt-Tab key combination

12. PRESSKEY statement causing Alt key to get stuck