Our TCP/IP Server sent a 8 binary bytes (a float number) and...
Author Message
 Our TCP/IP Server sent a 8 binary bytes (a float number) and...

Our TCP/IP Server sent a 8 binary bytes (a float number) and from our
TCP/IP Client, we try to convert it back into a float number ... but
failed. We did try to use the same sample in com./TCP/IP also use type
cast but failed the same! Some one can help us? Thanks

I did try to use samples of labview/communication/TCP-IP (Client) plus
used "type cast" ... all did not work! Any one try like me before and
succeed?

Mon, 09 Aug 2004 23:39:31 GMT
 Our TCP/IP Server sent a 8 binary bytes (a float number) and...
From the VI you have posted previously, we can see that:
1. A command is sent to the server.
2. You read 8 bytes and cast them to a four bytes I32, discarding 4
bytes. That is odd. What does the server send after in reply to that
command?
3. You read the number of bytes from the I32 on step 2. This number of
bytes must be at least 8 bytes but from the diagram we can't say.
3. You cast the output to a double.

If you say that the server returns 8 bytes after the command, you
should typecast the output from the first read to a double. If not,
please explain the data format returned by the server so we can help
you further.

Tue, 10 Aug 2004 08:49:05 GMT
 Our TCP/IP Server sent a 8 binary bytes (a float number) and...
Thank you for your opnion, I solved my problem perfectly --> type cast
set with double, output double!

Thu, 12 Aug 2004 06:54:46 GMT

1. how to send float array from vb to labview over tcp/ip

2. TCP/IP Read - How do I find the number of bytes available

3. TCP/IP Read - How do I find the number of bytes available

4. 10 byte float numbers from ST 8 byte numbers

5. Sending Struct TCP/IP

6. Sending/Reciving packets via TCP/IP?

7. Sending TCP/IP packets

8. C5 - TCP/IP Client/Server and DirectX Questions

9. TCP/IP servers in Smalltalk (only GNU ?)

10. TCP/IP server & client in CW2xxxx

11. Interest in TCP/Ip Server & Client

12. Client - Server slow tcp/ip...