LabView fills memory
Author Message
 LabView fills memory

Hi, i'm trying to run a vi which deals with data-files of about 7 MB. If I
run the vi the first time, it finishes in a reasonable time. If i run it a
second time without having quited labview, it takes much longer (a factor of
3 to 5). If i run it a third time, it does not come to an end. What does
Labview save into RAM or so during the first run? How can I clear the memory
used by the first run? It does not help clearing the graphs.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 30 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 LabView fills memory
I agree, check your shift registers, especially if you are using them for
arrays.

Reinis Kanders

Quote:
> Could it be you are using a shift register and not initializing on each
run
> ( or building arrays by using a  local variable and build array function -
> without clearing the local variable )?
> If you are running WIndows NT, open up the task manager and see if ram is
> being eaten up on each subsequent run  of your program.

Quote:
> > Hi, i'm trying to run a vi which deals with data-files of about 7 MB. If
> > run the vi the first time, it finishes in a reasonable time. If i run it
> > second time without having quited LabView, it takes much longer (a
factor
> of
> > 3 to 5). If i run it a third time, it does not come to an end. What does
> > Labview save into RAM or so during the first run? How can I clear the
> memory
> > used by the first run? It does not help clearing the graphs.

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Mon, 31 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 LabView fills memory
Could it be you are using a shift register and not initializing on each  run
( or building arrays by using a  local variable and build array function -
without clearing the local variable )?
If you are running WIndows NT, open up the task manager and see if ram is
being eaten up on each subsequent run  of your program.

Quote:

> Hi, i'm trying to run a vi which deals with data-files of about 7 MB. If I
> run the vi the first time, it finishes in a reasonable time. If i run it a
> second time without having quited LabView, it takes much longer (a factor
of
> 3 to 5). If i run it a third time, it does not come to an end. What does
> Labview save into RAM or so during the first run? How can I clear the
memory
> used by the first run? It does not help clearing the graphs.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Tue, 01 Apr 2003 08:39:47 GMT

1. memory filled up?

2. Fast memory fill

3. Memory Management in Labview 5.1

4. Memory allocation in Labview

5. Error#3:"memory.cpp"line 563 Labview version 6.1

6. Labview and memory handling for arrays

7. Memory Error when installing labview 6.1

8. Save Data to Memory about ActiveX in LabView

9. VISA-calls eat memory since Labview 6.1

10. Sharing memory between the IDL ActiveX control an LabVIEW

11. how do I free my memory and give it back to my system in labview

12. ComctlLib.ITreeView Active-X Memory Leak in LabVIEW