Continuous data transfer from vi to sub-vi
Author Message
 Continuous data transfer from vi to sub-vi

I am working on a data acquisition vi, and one of the
features is to have one or more user-configurable x-y
plots displaying real-time data.  I have it working
with the plot running in the main vi.  Now I want to
create a sub-vi for the plot, and once it's open, to
write additional data to it as the data is acquired.
I'm thinking I will use a queue, but I'm open to any
expert opinion on the best way to do this.

Sat, 26 Nov 2005 04:58:40 GMT
 Continuous data transfer from vi to sub-vi
A queue would be a good way to do it in that queues will guarantee you
won't lose any data. The only problem you might have is if the data
source is streaming data to the display really, really fast. If the
display VI is doing any find of processing that would slow it down,
you could overrun your queue. All in all though, it sounds like a good
approach, give it a try and keep us posted on how it comes out...

Mike...

Sat, 26 Nov 2005 09:41:16 GMT

1. Data transfering from sub-vi to main-vi

2. extracting data from subvi via main vi before subvi is finished

3. Using control reference with a Sub-vi over a TCP VI Server connection

4. Using control reference with a Sub-vi over a TCP VI Server connection

5. Need to place sub VI in VI a number of times

6. How do I use server to control for sub-vi from a main vi

7. Sub VI to main VI

8. Need to display sub-vi front panels without stopping WHILE loop containing those VI's

9. "sub vi calling main vi"

10. Sub.vi shrinking Main.vi

11. moving average vi as sub vi

12. i do not want to halt main vi while executing sub vi