reading from excel
Author Message
 reading from excel

I have an excel sheet which has been manually entered. I want to read
this data in a array in labview. But when I try to read this using
either the "read characters from file.vi" or the open- read- close
method, I get junk characters in the table.
I have tried to search the site for an answer but none of the methods
seem to hold true if I have a manually entered excel sheet. Also as
far as possible I dont want to use ActiveX.

Sat, 30 Oct 2004 15:12:19 GMT
 reading from excel
Hi

A workaround could be to save your excel file as Text(tab limited).
FILE>SAVE AS and than select under save as type Text (tab limited)
instead of Microsoft Excel Workbook. You can import this file than
with the "read from spreadsheet file.vi".

Sat, 30 Oct 2004 16:37:51 GMT
 reading from excel
Isnt there anyother way. because I have a number of excel sheets
(reports). so it is not easy to change the format of each... so isnt
there anyway I can read it from LabVIEW.

Sat, 30 Oct 2004 17:36:44 GMT
 reading from excel
There isn't really another way. I think you can't go around activex
programming. But there are a lot of examples which you can take. Like
the one from Nadav. Or you buy the "report generation toolkit" from
NI.

Sat, 30 Oct 2004 19:21:30 GMT
 reading from excel
You can use DDE, that way you can choose which row, column and sheet you
want to access.
Requires Excel to be up and running though.

Yours/
Roger Ohlund, MSc Engineering Physics

Quote:
> Isnt there anyother way. because I have a number of excel sheets
> (reports). so it is not easy to change the format of each... so isnt
> there anyway I can read it from LabVIEW.

Sat, 30 Oct 2004 20:22:32 GMT
 reading from excel
I think that ActiveX more good because it don't require Excel running.

Sat, 30 Oct 2004 21:28:39 GMT
 reading from excel
I agree, the ActiveX is the best method. Thank you Nadav. Also I
solved the problem I was having

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 14:52:27 GMT
 reading from excel
I agree, the ActiveX is the best method. Thank you Nadav. Also I
solved the problem I was having

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 15:06:39 GMT

1. APL+Win reading from Excel

2. Reading an Excel document

3. Reading from Excel files

4. problem reading an excel file

5. Reading an Excel file

6. To Read an Excel-Sheet from Cobol program

7. Package for writing (and reading) the excel file format:

8. Read .xls (Excel) files

9. Reading MS Excel Files ?

10. Possible to read/write Excel files in Python?

11. VO 2.0 Read from Excel and Lotus 123 files?

12. Now to skip processing of first line in a file....and reading an Excel file?