Executable vs. Vi?
Author Message
 Executable vs. Vi?

I'm not sure if this is too vague, but basically I have a main
application VI that is used to open and close other Vi's (their front
panels using references). So when I double click on the VI and run it
everything works fine, but when I build the executable with all the
necesary VI's, dynamic linking etc...it does not??? This problem just
started occuring and I have no idea if its because of some typical
problem I don't know about or what? I have not made any changes that
should have affected the main VI. Help if you can

Wed, 29 Sep 2004 04:48:11 GMT
 Executable vs. Vi?
The most common source of this problem is a failure to track the path
differences between a built application and the development
environment. As an experiment, put a patch in the code that write the
path that it's trying to open to a text file. See if the VI is where
the program is looking for it.

This problem can be caused by the way you build your application--not
the code itself.

Another problem to check for is with the main VI running in the
runtime system, manually open the dynamic vi and make sure it's
executable. A variety of things can happen to make a VI that runs fine
in the development system suddenly broken at runtime.

Mike...

Wed, 29 Sep 2004 04:59:03 GMT
 Executable vs. Vi?
Indeed the description of your problem is vague...
However, a common problem with dynamic VIs in executables is that
their front panels are not saved by default by the application
builder, generating run-time errors when attempting to open panels. Go
in the VIs settings and check for saving FP of each VI that you open
dynamically.

If you want that your application open VIs on double-clicks in the
Explorer, add the line
<b>
RegisterExtensions = True
</b>
in the application INI file.

Thu, 30 Sep 2004 03:30:43 GMT

1. Using VI Server to pass data between a Labview Executable and a VI

2. Incorrect Front Panel color displayed when I turn the VI into an executable

3. Problem with dynamic call of sub VI in executable in LV 6

4. Problem with dynamic call of sub VI in executable in LV 6

5. Make executable file from VI file

6. front panel of top-level vi in executable

7. All DAQ VI's showing as non-executable

8. Non-Executable VI in BridgeVIEW 2.1.1 Runtime

9. Stand-alone executable with CGI VI's , ITK and LabVIEW 6.1

10. how to create a executable of my labVIEW VI

11. Builded executable doesn't close the main VI front panel

12. indicator color in executable not same as in LabVIEW 6.1 VI