Java-UDP-LabView
Author Message
 Java-UDP-LabView

I d like to know how to convert types like DBL, SGL, ABC, String of Binaries
value, data string and Boolean into Java types. Servers in labview and Clients
in Java must to communicate and understand the data of each other. Please
help me I was tourning arround for many time
Thanks a lot

Tue, 28 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Java-UDP-LabView

Quote:
> I d like to know how to convert types like DBL, SGL, ABC, String of Binaries
> value, data string and Boolean into Java types. Servers in LabView and Clients
> in Java must to communicate and understand the data of each other. Please
> help me I was tourning arround for many time

I don't know that much about JAVA numeric types, but I'd be very
surprised if they are different from the LV ones.  The CIN reference
manual goes into lots of detail about the data types.

Assuming from this messages subject, I assume that you will be
using UDP or TCP.  This means that the binary data will be
flattened to a string.  When you do this, LV automatically places
everything in big endian byte ordering.  I don't know what JAVA
expects.  There are icons in LV to swap the bytes to little
endian, but it takes a little bit of work.  I'm sure you can
also do this in JAVA.  Strings, when flattened will have the
length placed in front of the string data, and will not be NULL
terminated.  Arrays, similarly, will have the number of elements
written in front for each dimension, then the data in flattened
form.

Greg McKaskle

Wed, 29 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. TCP / UDP ports used by LabView and others NI products

2. receiving udp multicast datagrams with labview

3. UDP sockets & UDP tunneled within TCP

4. Non-blocking UDP in Tcl 7.5 (using scotty udp)

5. Passing data between Java class and LabView dll

6. GPIB/LabVIEW from Java

7. Looking for FAQ + Labview & Java infos

8. Using Labview with Java Applets

9. control remote internet labview 6i (java)

10. datasocket: link between java and labview

11. Problem with datasocket in labview and java

12. link between java and labview