There seems to be a bug in LabVIEW formula functions.
Author Message
 There seems to be a bug in LabVIEW formula functions.

I'm using a combination of "Parse Formula String.vi" and "Eval Parsed
Formula String.vi" to calculate user scripts(mathematical expressions)
runtime. It doesn't work even for a simple formula like "a=x+x;" which
contains a plural of the same variable x in an expression, although it
works in such a formula as "a=x^x;". This is very inconvenient and
strange. (I know that there exist some differences between labview
Formula Nodes and the Advanced Formula Functions.)

Fri, 24 Jun 2005 04:37:23 GMT
 There seems to be a bug in LabVIEW formula functions.
Michiro,

Try "x+x-a". LV puts "=0" behind the formula, so "a=x+x" becomes "a=x+x=0".
"x+x-a" gives "x+x-a=0". This is the same as "a=x+x".

In the "Eval Parsed Formula String.vi", put x in the array of variables, and
a value for x in the array of X Values (which has a misplaced name...), e.g.
2. The output is 4, as expected.

Regards,

Wiebe.

Quote:
> I'm using a combination of "Parse Formula String.vi" and "Eval Parsed
> Formula String.vi" to calculate user scripts(mathematical expressions)
> runtime. It doesn't work even for a simple formula like "a=x+x;" which
> contains a plural of the same variable x in an expression, although it
> works in such a formula as "a=x^x;". This is very inconvenient and
> strange. (I know that there exist some differences between LabVIEW
> Formula Nodes and the Advanced Formula Functions.)

Fri, 24 Jun 2005 17:45:27 GMT

1. labview and Formula Matlab script

2. HELP: Run-time array dimension in LabVIEW formula node

3. LabVIEW 5.1 + Eval Formula Node

4. Strange error in Labview 5.0 (formula node)

5. LabView 6.1 formula node issue with negative exponent

6. Labview doesnt seem to be re-using memory

7. CW4: Formula Editor lacking move formula

8. bug in formula editor c5peb

9. Formula/Function Parser??

10. Functions in Formula Node

11. Bug using array in formula node, LV6.0

12. "Square" function in formula node