Checking for file existence in labview 6.1
Author Message
 Checking for file existence in labview 6.1

I want to check if a file exist before i start writing data to it.
I've tried it through swhlapi.dll with the PathFileExists function,
but i get an error trying PathFileExistsA when running it the second
time (when the file exists), and when i use PathFileExistsW it runs,
but doesn't do the check.

Sat, 26 Feb 2005 17:16:23 GMT
 Checking for file existence in labview 6.1
I have a successful implimentation of "PathFileExists" if you are
interested.  Let me know and I'll email it to you.  Simply checking
for an error as already suggested might be the simplest (and most
platform independent) way to do this though.

Sat, 26 Feb 2005 20:06:32 GMT
 Checking for file existence in labview 6.1
I only want to add, that you have open file with option "read only",
because if you have permission problem and you try open with default
option "read/write" you will get error also, because you can't write
to file.

Sat, 26 Feb 2005 21:34:53 GMT
 Checking for file existence in labview 6.1
Hi,

You can use File/Directory Info function (File I/O). It returns an error
(code 7) if the file does not exist.

Regards,

Wiebe.

Quote:
> I want to check if a file exist before i start writing data to it.
> I've tried it through swhlapi.dll with the PathFileExists function,
> but i get an error trying PathFileExistsA when running it the second
> time (when the file exists), and when i use PathFileExistsW it runs,
> but doesn't do the check.

Sat, 26 Feb 2005 23:04:59 GMT

1. LabVIEW 6.1 Bookshelf File Not Found

2. File permission problem with Labview 6.1.

3. can i use labview 6.1 to save file as 6.0 version

4. Need multiplt file select in LabVIEW 6.1

5. Sample code for Calling C exe files with System exec function in LabVIEW 6.1

6. Sample code for Calling C exe files with System exec function in LabVIEW 6.1

7. Labview 6.1 application installer: how to run two setup files

8. Convert from LabView 6.1 to LabView 6.0

9. Labview runtime libraries (Labview 6.1)

10. It is possible to downgrade labview version 6.1 to labview version 5.1.1

11. convert's labview 6.1 vi's to labview 5.1 vi's

12. How to I create labview 6.0 compatible VIs with Labview 6.1